here the start of my 360 gallon build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

THose are not your primary lights though are they. I think as far as supplemental lighting those things would be awesome. But fear that the penetration will not be any where near what you would need to have a full blown reef.
these are going to be my moon lights. Im running three 400 watt blueline 14k bulbs

well milke was just over and got all of inside buffed out. now he is working on the outside. he does really nice work. if anyone needs buffing he can do it for you. look him up "nomercymike"
nomercymikebuffingmytank.jpg

alright. filled up the tank with water to do leak test. found a few small leaks. drained tank and repaired leaks. now its time for rock work. woo hoo. so in the morning i plan on doing my rock work. i love this part. its all about the caves for all the fish to dive in and out of. i will post some pictures after i do my rock work.

This build is coming along nicely. The LED's you picked up for supplemental lighting are really cool. You can probably run them in the day as an actinic light if you set then at the right color. I'm betting they will be WAY TO BRIGHT FOR MOON LIGHTS.

Having Mike as a helper is great too. He's been setting up and taking care of reef tanks for a looooong time.

This build is coming along nicely. The LED's you picked up for supplemental lighting are really cool. You can probably run them in the day as an actinic light if you set then at the right color. I'm betting they will be WAY TO BRIGHT FOR MOON LIGHTS.

Having Mike as a helper is great too. He's been setting up and taking care of reef tanks for a looooong time.

ya mike is doing a great job. well with the leds you can adjust brightness so you can dim them way down. they are very cool.

I forgot to ask you Chad. How do you cycle that large of a tank? Will you let it cycle on its own or will you jump start it with bottled bacteria? I used some to cycle the little 3 gallon I started. I got it at Barrier. I bet it would take a lot to do a tank that size and prolly be pretty expensive.

Looks like all the rock is dead, so will you use a few pcs of Live from your other tank? Or do you worry about introducing pests that way? What do you think?

Hello,

Really nice build, like the rockscape may look kinda cool with a rock peak or two breaking water surface with such a wide tank:)

Best of luck,

looking to buy a better auto top off system. i bought a ato system i seens the floats get stuck and have made my sump over flow and spill water on my floor. what brand of auto top off should i buy. i have been told there is one that uses a lazer insted of a float. let me know. thanks chad

Back