Here we go again.. Red Bugs!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

alki

Picked up some nice corals at a super great sale a couple weeks ago and also picked up about 40000 red bugs:tsk:. Ive been through this before and want them gone before bad things happen to my expensive sps frags I just bought.

Im looking for some interceptor. I dont have a vet as I only have fish. Im out of town but will be back monday an I would like to treat then. Anyone have at least 2 large pills I could buy in Seattle?

Let me know and if you got some stuff a couple weeks ago you might want to check your tank also.

I'd suggest printing out some information, showing how Interceptor is used to rid our tanks of Red Bugs, and calling a few vets. You'll probably end up needing to approach a few, before you find one who's willing to prescribe it. More and more vets are becoming aware of this use though.

if u cant get interceptor, how about dipping them in MelaFix? Supposedly works for red bugs.

Melafix doesnt work, Ive tried it before. Anyway I need to treat the entire tank.

Yes Ive tried 3 vets in west seattle and none would give me anything. Usually it will work if you have a dog and have seen a vet before. I think the vets near me think Im trying to make crack or something. mmm nothing like interceptor crack...

We use 1800petmeds.com. EDIT Issaquah Vet Hospital (I think thats the name..their number is 425-392-6211) ,near Front Street, is hip to the Red Bug issue and they wrote us a script to use at 1800petmeds.com. If you think they came from us please PM me what coral you think had them. I've looked through the systems and can't find any.

Last edited:
I want to tag along on this. I'm not sure what "red bugs" are? Are they the same as red or brown flat worms?

capdippe/reefbobc,

Acro Red Bugs

A third of the way down the page is a bug of red acro bugs.
As the name implies, these bugs only affect SPS, not LPS nor fish.

Back