HHHHeeeeeyyyyyyy What's That!! EEEWW!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

harrscars

As I am breaking down my 72 gallon and moving stuff to my 300 I find this!!!!! It was on the glass eating algea and not bothering stuff but I didnt want to take any chances and disposed of it. But what is it???????? Never seen it kinda grossed us out. Heres some pics for your HORROR!!!!

DSCF0492.jpg

DSCF0494.jpg

DSCF0495.jpg

AAAAWWWWW No More the Horror!!!!!!!

Really now whaat is it. Ill probably have some freaky dreams tonight....

Later
Mike

Last edited:
yep thats what i would say.But in the world of creepy crawly things the brighter the more poison ish!But he will enjoy the toilet i guess?SOme will be mad at u I am sure!Better not tell of the mean phsyco angel I had l.o.l. cost me 300 dollars.They may have met in toilet heaven lmao!

Does it look anything like this Scutus, Elephant Slug, Shield Slug, Ducksbill Limpet. So from what I have read on it seems that they are sponge feeders, but the general consensus is that Scutus is an algal grazer

Looks kind of like a rugged black sheilded limpet...Good reef inhabitant, but normally has a sleek/smooth look to them. I would just throw it into the sump, no since in not being able to veiw a cool critter.

-augustus

dude i want um i want um. i had 3 of um before i parted out my old tank. i got them from a guy in tacoma. but when parted out the tank it left with the live rock. there very cool some times i wouldnt see them for several months at a time and ether times they would be all over the tank. never seen them eat anything other then slime alges and never bumbed anything of mine over. keep it!!!!

ya they came from doug in tacoma and are limpet and never seemed to bother anything and in fact I havent been able to find them any where else

Its to late SCARED the family. It was it or them. Not sleeping with it. I would have kept it with the only fear something that looks like that when it dies usually hurts everybody so it had to go. No toilet for the same reasons did not want to contaminate our water supply. haha Went to the Trash. It really stuck to the glass had to use a razor blade to peel it off. The weird stripe down the back was already there. Sorry if anybody wanted it.

Still SCARED
Mike

That is an elephant slug (scutus sp.). Too bad you disposed of it, I would have taken it. I have one and would love to get more and see if they would breed. I think they are really cool, harmless algae eater and much cooler to look at than regular old snails.

Here is a picture of mine:

Haw haw haw, that was some batch of hitchhikers, Glad they went to a good home!

I have always wondered why they are not brought in and sold more often, probably due to camouflage, hard to find relative to value

Haw haw haw, that was some batch of hitchhikers, Glad they went to a good home!

I have always wondered why they are not brought in and sold more often, probably due to camouflage, hard to find relative to value

Yes, many interesting hitchhikers, definitely some very "alive" rock.

Hmm, wonder if I could order some elephant slugs?

i have alot of them in my reef and they dont hurt anyone. very peaceful. they only seem to be out at night and dont see them very often unless they are out when the lights pop on. been in my tank for years now with no issues.

I do not know who this Doug guy is however if he has some of those I would like to get some from him. So Doug if you are out there OH yeah I want some.

I had 2 of them, but one just ended up dying not too long ago. Don't know what the cause was. The one left is about a good 2 inches long and an inch wide. Really neat looking animals.

Back