Hi Guys

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nwinverts

Beyond the 3rd Bardo
Hello all, I have been lurking for several months trying to learn a few things. Figured it was about time I introduced myself…I have been a FW guy for about forty years and currently have 11 tanks running. The last three years I have been into freshwater inverts and have 9 varieties hence the screen name. If you have any interest about that sort of thing, you can see some pics of my shrimp here. http://flickr.com/photos/nwinverts/page2/

I decided it was time for a new challenge and intend on starting a mixed reef next spring, after I collect enough equipment to do so. I have learned a lot already from you folks and realize I have much more to learn and spend. You seem to have an amazing group here. It’s great to see what a knowledge base you have established …looking forward to meeting some of you Puget Sounders in the future.

Mark

Welcome to RF, I hope you find the enjoyment of reef keepin & FOWLR as much as we do!

welcome! we have 3 big shrimps & a big hermit crab that i adore - any tips for taking pictures of them?

Thanks for the welcome, Second hand is how I'm trying to go. I picked up a 70g long Clarity One tank last summer, T5 lighting, sand and salt... Sooo I'm part way there...

As far as photograghy goes, I'm afraid I wouldn't be the one to give great tips...I just take lots of shots at a time with different settings. There is usually one or two that come out OK. Macro lens and no flash works best for me.

-Mark

Back