how come no one told me this hobby cost so much!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Yeah, the expenses involved with this hobby really begin to add up in a hurry (see the last line in my sig). When we bought our house I told the better half that I wanted a dog and she said no because it would crap all over the yard. A fish tank would be cleaner and cheaper she said. LOL! I've given up on trying to keep track but I'd guess I'm well over $10K in the last 12 years.

BTW...I bought a Vizsla a few years ago for $1K. Ended up getting my dog anyway.

Mike

Mike,

gorgeous dog....how is their temperament with small kids?
does it shed alot?

This thread really cracks me up:lol::lol:
It would too scary to keep a spreadsheet of how much I spent. I can't even remember a month that I didn't buy something. Sometimes I have to work on a reward system:lol:.....get something(projects) done, then I can buy. Doesn't always work, I buy anyways.

Like the idea of a reward system... You can get that coral after you clean your room, then again maybe not... :lol: I usually use the excuse if I don't get it then someone else will and then I'll be sad :cry: and nobody wants that.

Talk about expensive!! Everything I imported here to the Bahamas I had to pay over 50% customs (import) duty on!! :eek:

So ya time to spend a nother 1,000 on the tank setup lol. I think the hammer head is to big for a return pump so now I am going to make a closed loop with it. And pick up a used dart for the return pump.

I just got a new (used) tank set up very nice and darn cheap, minus lights and skimmer, misc stuff......I know a ball park what that will cost depending what I decide on for equipement....and Im already tightening my back side for when the mrs finds out LOL

7' long tank 30" deep and a skimmer to handle it LOL

funny you say this.. I was explaining to this guy at work just today... that my tank comes first above all..

everything else in this house can be replaced with money.. but my tank can not.. it would take years to get back to this point again

Back