How does my set up look?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm using bio-balls for a FO setup. It doesn't matter if go you salt or fresh. Once it is only being used for FO, you'll be fine

Krish,

I have Chiclid tanks and I have done similar setup to your saltwater tank. But I think your set up is gona be a really cool saltwater!! You should post some pics with fish in it.

Yeah, as soon as I get some, I definately will. I ran into a few more road bumps today which will delay things a bit. I had to shut down my skimmer and my return from the sump. I have no way of keeping the siphon in my CPR overflow as my pump burned up and can't find a replacement. I am ordering 3 aqualifters in the morning from Premium Aquatics and having them sent next day so I can get everything back up and running. I bought a small powerhead to re-circulate the water in my sump to keep the bacteria alive and I have 2000gph circulating in my tank via powerheads and 350 magnum. I'll have to wait and see what happens with getting those Aqualifters here and making sure everything (water parameters) are fine before I add the fish. I'll keep you posted.

krish75 said:
Thank you for the complement Tava. You know are good old buddy Fleetbox told me in the beginning it looked like a cichlid tank (LOL). He took it back though.

You are never going to let me live that down are you? ;) LOL I meant well, I have a 75 gal cichlid tank and was researching a little and found that rock. I thought it was cool and way better than my pile of rocks for my rock wall. It looks great either way.

ric said:
hey everybody since u guys are on the subject of bioballs and wetdrys iwas wondreing if somebody could tell me how the bioballs hold up in a salt fish only tank or what i should be useing in place of them thanks for any info ric

Hold up great. They just create a nitrate issue. As long as you are testing your water and changing it often it is a great filter! Amazing how fast it converts. You could add a little cheato to help with nitrates or to help slow it down some.

fleetbox said:
Hold up great. They just create a nitrate issue. As long as you are testing your water and changing it often it is a great filter! Amazing how fast it converts. You could add a little cheato to help with nitrates or to help slow it down some.

HIJACK COMPLETE.. sorry T. :)

Back