How to catch a clown

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My luck with traps is I catch every fish other then the one I'm after 50 times or more until I get the one I want. I did have a tang that I would pull out of the trap and he would swim right back into it with in 30 seconds of me putting it back in the tank. I think we done that dance about 20 times in one day.

Purple Heart I see. Thank you for your service. I was Navy 68 thru 72.

I am sorry, but the first thing I think of when I see the title to this post is to put a flower that squirts water and a pie under a net.............

Finally caught the little bugger, thanks everyone for your suggestions, today I was doing water changes and I see the net and I'm like why not, and what do you know got him on the first try, hopefully he behaves Earl, I know he went to a good home

We had a long talk on the way back home and he said he would be good, but he had a funny smile when he said it. I am acclimating him now. I put him in a bag and put him in the tank to balance the temp. He is now in a container in a 5 gallon bucket and I am drip acclimating him now. He is not very happy right now. He will go into the tank in about 2 hours.

He is in the tank now and he is about 1/2 to 2/3rds the size of my other one. He was hanging around the frogspawn and finally the other one discovered him. He came out and was right beside the little guy and started a jerky motion and then they just started swimming around together. I think my clown was really happy when I put yours in. Now they are hanging around with each other. He loves my frogspawn and I think he is going to be fine, a good addition. I thank you and my clown thanks you. Have a good time at work.

Hey Earl, sorry about the short notice, I really was not expecting to catch him today, much less in the first try, my lucky day I guess

Hey Carlos, no problem at all. You have to move on the fish when you got him. It didn't bother me a bit, I am glad you called. That's kind of the way I figured it would go, kind of like a fireman getting the call and flying into action. Of course I had to take a shower first and get dressed, that's the only difference. Oh, and your house wasn't on fire and I don't have a fire truck, but other than that, it's exactly the same, LOL. He seems happy, loves the other clown, they are swimming together and he hangs around the frogspawn. It was actually great because my clown was always hanging around the back , behind the rocks, now they are both, out front, swimming around. I like him. Great fish. I am happy.

Man Carlos, this little guy really loves the frogspawn, he lives in that stuff. He will go hang around with the other clown a little, but goes right back to the frogspawn. He even sleeps with it.

I know he used to live in my frogspawn with the other 2, he's probably happier in your tank, I'm glad he's doing good, I'm a little slow but sooner than later my tank will be up hand running, say hi to the little bugger for me will ya

Back