How to raise skimmer in sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

JIvePhotography

Green Bubble
My Vertex IN100 skimmer sits in 10 inches of water in my sump. I need to raise it to be in about 6-8 inches based upon the manual. What's the best way to raise it? I've seen some egg crate stuff on here but where can I get one to build a small rectangular box to put under it?

You could make a frame out of pvc and use the eggcrate as the shelf, use all eggcrate.
I made a small shelf for my skimmer with a single piece of acrylic and used a plummers torch to heat and bend it into shape.

Finn's idea on making it out of egg-crate and pvc worked for me.
I cut 4 legs out of 3/4" pvc, drilled a hole through one end of each 'leg' and then zip tied it to a egg-crate 'shelf'. Worked like a champ.

I used a tupperware bowl. And it worked like a champ. So do me a favor and not tell the old lady and I think that I will be fine.

I take a piece of acrylic and put 4 pieces of pvc under it glued on, instant stand. Eggcrate will work too. You can have lowe's cut the piece of acrylic for you, then get a pvc cutter and piece of pvc and some super glue.

i used a tupperware container as well and it worked fine just added a couple holes so it wouldnt try to float and it works great, the long rectangular ones work the best or at least for mine.

Back