Huge Bristle worms

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MrSculpin

I have a couple that are really really big..

I know people say they are good to have... but the one seems to hang out right in the same hole my gobie and shrimp live it. It probably bugs me more than them..

Can you trap them (the worms :D ) ?

Yes - you can buy traps for them. They are about $10 -$15 and include bait. I have never used one so can't tell you how well they work. Will be watching for a reply as well.

You can make your own trap, 1/2" PVC pipe - 8" long, cut two piece's of nylon window screen, place on each end, secure with rubber band..On one end of screen make a small slit, place a piece of shrimp as far as you can into the tube. Place in tank and HOPEFUlly you'll catch him. Leave the trap in over night and check it in the am. Good Luck!

You can make your own trap, 1/2" PVC pipe - 8" long, cut two piece's of nylon window screen, place on each end, secure with rubber band..On one end of screen make a small slit, place a piece of shrimp as far as you can into the tube. Place in tank and HOPEFUlly you'll catch him. Leave the trap in over night and check it in the am. Good Luck!

Sounds like a great idea, better yet its all things I already have at home! IF I catch it, I may put it in my small ten gallon "refugium style" tank to help with cleaning that.

you can also use a gatorade bottle that doesn't have glue on side (for the wrapper) and drill a hole in the top, hot glue a short hose in the cap, and put fish food in there over night...
or if you watch the tank when the lights go out you can get a good turkey baster (cheap one with a cable tie on it so it doesn't loose suction) and suck them into the turkey baster. you only get one shot per worm per night, b/c they will contract a lot once they figure it out.
Their not bad in they are medium, but when they are more than 5-6" they are a nussace (it hurt when you think that they are a frag behind some rock that you cannot see and you hold it really tight b/c you don't want to drop it... ask me how I know)

Back