I Dont Know What To Do?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I agree adding fish is the worst thing you can do right now. Will your LFS not give you credit for the fish. Once you get your tank healthy again you can worry about adding fish. Where is the 4 tanks that you consolidated from? You could you use them as QT's.

Ok, I already take the fish out and 3 of the blue tangs are doing fine, also the 2 damselfish, the firefish, the spotted mandarin, and the pseudochromis.
one of the blue tangs still on a qt tank.
A false perc. died, I didnt know that a giant cup mushroom (Amplexidiscus sp) could eat a big fish!!!!!!!

Im not adding any more fish but here is a question, I have a small tank on my living room a 8 gallon, and I have a 5 year old gold stripe maroon clownfish.
could I add him???
he is a very hardy fish and he is already too big for his tank!!!!

my old 4 tanks were used to pay the one that I own now!!!!!!
I used a 7 gallon tank (they were borrowed from the pet store) for each blue tang!
and now they are just fine!!! even though Im still giving garlick every day.
Thanks for all of your help!!!! I really apreciate it
I hope to be able to help you anytime,!!!!

Juanfer,

Please read up on some of Steve-S' posts about ICH, and its life cycle.

One of the most frustrating things in our hobby, is losing our pets. I know some treatments sound like they take FOREVER... but that is exactly how long we want to provide a good healthy home for our pets... and 6 weeks really isn't that long when we look at things with that in mind.

Please keep us informed, and I look forward to your input here, as well as in other topics!

you will really have to do lots of water changes in those 7g tanks!!!!...i have two hippo's in qt...mine are in bigger qt tanks than that...i didn't keep up with water changes and it led to infections on both blue tangs!!!!

I am glad to hear that things are going well, hopefully it will continue, that is great that your lfs was willing to let you use some tanks for quarantine.
I am sure your maroon clown will be fine where he is for a while until the ich clears up, then you can add him to the big tank. One of your best defenses against ich is lots of patience, don't do anything too fast now that you are treating your fish and they are in qt. Also, read up on everything steves says, imo he has the best advice of almost anyone around here.

Tim

Well, finally my problems ended, now my tangs are just doing fine but I give up 6 fish, now I`m worried cause my spotted mandarin died this morning, I just found him inside my sump!!!
why did he die???

Back