I Dont Know What To Do?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i would say no to the naso tang also...i don't think you should put anymore tangs in that tank...you could try the chromis!! i too would love to have a bunch of tangs in my tank, believe me:D , but they just can't get along in small spaces like that and your tank is bigger than mine....i am going to try 2 blue tangs in mine, that is why i was wanting your feedback on their behavior:)

well good luck, they will fight on the first 2 days and after that they will live peacefully!!!!!

mine may react a little differently...i have a 125g...i think mine is just not a wide as your tank, and yours is a little taller

Where did you heat that? The higher water temps FWIK actually speeds up the life cycle of SW Ich.

I was checking back on some threads and realized your comment on ich. Is it not a cold water disease? That's what my illustrious lfs (who is no longer in business thank goodness) told me. ???

OK so I`m goin to give up the scopas and the sailfin, but I`m staying with the blue tangs and the yellow tang.
you are saying that I cant take other tang right, but I`m not too sure in adding chromis cause I have 2 blue yellow tail damselfish, could that be a trouble???
or maybe I could try adding a powder blue or a naso????

i don't know about the damselfish and the chromis, i was just thinking about the tangs....by the way...NO MORE TANGS!!!!!! LOL:p ...it is totally up to you, but you almost for sure run into the same exact problem that you had...if you were to try it, you would need to add all the tangs at once..

Ok i will try to intruduce them at the same time, but if they are fighting I will take them out to the store again and try with the chromis.
what do you think???

no, you would need to introduce All of the tangs at once...you already have some in there....i really don't think it will work though.. you have ALOT of tangs already...i have never even heard of that many in a tank of that size..anymore and you could lose the ones that you already have.............

Just an extra warning, I know you said your LFS will only let you trade fish, not return them, but introducing new fish into a tank with ich is almost a death sentence for many of them. New fish are already stressed when you add them to the tank.
Your best bet is to get those fish out and into quarantine tanks as soon as possible and treat them all separately. Like others have already said, that many tangs is not a good idea. Are there any other options you can look at? Any other lfs's around? Anyone with already setup quarantine tanks that could help?
I just think adding more fish will make your situation worse. Have you told your lfs about your problems? Maybe they could help with quarantine.
Just a few thoughts...............
Good luck.

OMG!!!!!!......i didn't even think about that.....Tangs especially!!!!!that is asking to wipe out all of your fish....have you ever seen any ich trophonts on any of the fish before????? some of the tangs seem more suceptible to it than others....powder blue and regal tang for sure.

OMG!!!!!!......i didn't even think about that.....Tangs especially!!!!!that is asking to wipe out all of your fish....have you ever seen any ich trophonts on any of the fish before????? some of the tangs seem more suceptible to it than others....powder blue and regal tang for sure.

What are trophonts?

Last edited:
I cant see 2 tangs in a tank that size.. that's alot...

Temperature speeds the life of ich, best way to take care of it IMO, is a hyposaline hospital tank.

-Josh-:cool:

i don't think that 2 would be a problem, but he has 5 already..he took 2 out and wants to add 2 more!!

i don't know what to tell you...i just wouldn't add any more tangs..it will more than likely lead to serious stress or death in other tangs

I want to say this as politely as possible so I hope I don't offend you but please don't add any more fish to your tank. If it were me I would give away some of my fish rather than risk killing them. Adding more fish will not help, just hurt. You need to get the ich problem taken care of before anything else bad happens to your tank.

Good luck! keep us updated
Tim

Ronj and Moortim have been giving you some sound advice but I think your looking for some sort of solution that does not exist. You need to heed their advice, stop adding fish, reduce the current fish population, fallow the tank & treat the remaining fish.

Trading out sick fish will not solve the parasite problem since it in the tank. As long as any fish remains in this tank the parasite will persist.

Cheers
Steve

Back