I got a new RBTA, Neener neener neener..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MCary

I've been a looking for one of these. Finally found one, and its in great shape.

Little trick for keeping them where you want them. PVC ring or endcap protests their foot and makes them feel secure. Doesn't always work, but something to try.

Clowns are hosting a Galaxia, so I put the Galaxia in my sump. I'll give it a couple days and put him back.

Mike

DSCF0610.jpg

DSCF0609.jpg

Nice I had one that grew to about 15" so I decided to trade it at the LFS. A day or so later a idiot that worked there moved it to another tank that was not anemone "safe" ...chop, chop:mad:

You can cut it across the mouth. If you start the cut it will split or some actually completely cut it in half. I don't have the guts. This is just what I heard.

He's fully acclimated, bubbles have formed (last one I had didn't form the bubbles) and he's staying put. Here's a question for you photo geeks, under the actinics this thing is beautiful. The base and lower tentacles are flourescent green with red bubbles and tips. How can I capture this with my digital camera. WB and f-stop settings? It moves, so slower shutter speed blurs. Any ideas?

DSCF0663.jpg

Mike

Very nice anemone Mike...I wish we had some of those RBTA here in the wild! I would have gotten myself one a long time ago! He looks very healthy as well...:)

turn off white light. T-5, 10000K or MH whichever you use and leave the actinics only. get a chair and if needed a box on it for still pics. REEF-ON!

Back