I Have Declared War!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nudibranchs may work while aipstasia is in the tank, but once the main food source (aipstaia is eaten) the nudi will starve. Some nudi are poison and secrete a poision in the tank so be careful on which species you get.

don't know if this is feasible, but one sure way of getting rid of them is to place the rock in a tub of saltwater with no light for several wks. No light, no aptaisa.

I did some research and it seems they will live even without light. I actually tried it as well and left them about 55 days without lights in a dark covered tub and they still survived.

I also tried to kill them by squirting them with boiling water and also with kalkpaste and while it killed them one by one, there is always one or two hiding someplace you can't see them and they will eventually reproduce.

I got rid of mine by introducing a small colony of pep shrimp. I had them in QT for a month or so and fed them very very little. When I released them into the tank with the aptaisa they got every single one of them in 48 hours and the tank was invested! I think I found one deep inside a rock crevice that I squirted.

In conclusion, I think an attack on both fronts will be the key to victory.

SHouldnt vacuam your tank. I fresh water dip and good brushing of the LR might be needed. Extreme conditions mean extreme measures.

Well that post is somewhat old, from February, since then I tried the Peppermint shrimp method, it worked great until recently my shrimp died and now the aiptasia are starting to reappear!

Back