I need a Zoanthid eating fish!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What Laser are you talking about?

You want an Angelfish with a frickin laser beam on its head?

Nick

I don't have any experience with lasers but I have read they are super dangerous and can make you blind if you don't have the proper safety goggles. I was reading a post somewhere that even the laser reflecting off of anything can ruin someones vision. I guess you would really have to keep this locked in your gun safe or something you wouldn't want anyone else getting a hold of it not knowing how strong it is. It's probably not a very safe or practical way it would just be nice to point and shoot anything you want through the glass. I would start killing a mushroom every couple of days lol.

Marine Aquarists Laser Series - Aiptasia - YouTube

A lazer isn't an option, unfortunately. The entire bottom front, from about 1' from the front glass, is covered. If I only killed a couple per day, they would multiply faster than I'm killing them...lol. If I killed large amounts of them, I'd be concerned with polluting the tank. I'm just going to give in and tear the tank down, manually removing them, I think.

I had a Pomacanthus maculosus that would eat any polyp! He especially liked the nasty slimy ones. I had to get rid of him about a year ago, otherwise I'd let you have him. If you could find an adult I think that would be your best bet. They aren't too expensive as far as angels go and they are relentless!

You need a Diminovula alabaster. It's a type of false Cowry. They feed on soft corals, and are particularly known to eat Zoas.

Back