i need ph to rise

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i will be makeing 1 on a smaller scale to put inline of my air pump. but now having to reconsider my skimmier on the 90 gal which is aqua c remora no way to hook that up to it. so now im in the market for an in sump skimmer i can do that to it.

The problem with our houses in the winter is they are closed up to keep the cold out. Without a continuous supply of fresh air our breathing and any combustion source in the house (furnace, gas stove, etc...) will eat up the O2. This lowers the Ph in our tanks. The CO2 scrubber is not the end all fix all but it does help. We were having the same 7.7 Ph problems and since installing it we haven't dipped below 7.9. Most of the time it is over 8.0.

Last edited:
i pump air to the head of my pump to maximize air in skimmer. only cpr backpack on qt tank

i pump air to the head of my pump to maximize air in skimmer. only cpr backpack on qt tank

Yes but if you are pumping the same house air it will still be just as high a concentration of CO2 as if you didn't pump it in. BTW... I have never heard of anyone pumping air into the venturi of their skimmer pump before.

Now how do u hook that up to the skimmer?

Sent from my Evo Shift

The black tube coming out of the end of the scrubber is simply the air line that is connected to your skimmer pump venturi. It now just pulls the air through the soda lime granuals first. The ganuals also turn a light purple as they get used up so it is easy to tell when you need to change them out.

Last edited:
Ok I'm lost... Forgive my noobness. Why connect up the skimmer ventur. And I only have a nano skimmer that uses bubbles from a wood stone. Maybe that's why I'm lost

HTC tapatalk

hook the reactor like the 1 i made in between the wood stone and the end of air line. not sure on what ur skimmer looks like, but ours are quite a bit bigger. but as i said earlier wont be able to use on my remora either because the remora uses jets not air

hook the reactor like the 1 i made in between the wood stone and the end of air line. not sure on what ur skimmer looks like. but as i said earlier wont be able to use on my remora either because the remora uses jets not air

Last edited:
yea i just looked up ur skimmer i think. just splice the reactor like the 1 i made in the airline. cut air line and hook up.

Oh so it doesn't have to have water flowing through it. Just a split in my air line and It's good to go. So then the air pump sends air through it or how exactly does it work. I guess I could research it online.

HTC tapatalk

yes it is a dry system. it works by the soda lime removes co2 and will eventually turn purple and then u replace it. posted link to wher i read up on them below.

DIY CO2 scrubber

u can make out of any thing i toyed with a small pill bottle and things like that but went with the jar.

Back