I think this will be my new sump/refugium.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Your a little high on a few things
Home Depot clamp-on fixture and bulb $12
Return pump for a 29 gallon tank $50 tops

Your a little high on a few things
Home Depot clamp-on fixture and bulb $12
Return pump for a 29 gallon tank $50 tops

I was planning on running a 600 gallon hourly return. If you know of a pump other than mag please let me know. I am just going by most commonly used products. I am all ears on spending less money, lol. I think everyone for the most part here is feeling the same way. I am a pre-med student and funds are always tight. Thanks for any feed back.

Post script, buying used pumps, yes or no? Also I thought that on a sump you had to use a certain spectrum lighting, no? I was quoting a corallife 9'' 9 watt + shipping.

i was planning on running a 600 gallon hourly return. If you know of a pump other than mag please let me know. I am just going by most commonly used products. I am all ears on spending less money, lol. I think everyone for the most part here is feeling the same way. I am a pre-med student and funds are always tight. Thanks for any feed back.

Post script, buying used pumps, yes or no?

internal or external pump? I hear ya on the money alot of ppl are

and in ur post script, yes if they are in good condition.

internal... Let me know what your store has. I may order from you here in the next few days.

Gen x 2400 are good too, i been using a gen x for over 2 yrs with a pm skimmer no problems. I think they range from $37-55 :)

You should be able to find a used Mag 9 for considerably less than $130. Or if you would like a nicer pump, you may be able to find a deal on an Eheim 1262 for approximately $100. Another brand of submersible return pump is one from the Quiet One series of pumps.

For sump lighting, see if you can find a 65W fixture made by Lights of America. It is an outdoor fixture that can find at Lowe's or Home Depot.

Gary

Lol, it happens. I am waiting on a shipping quote from them. We will see what happens. I may or may not buy it. I was hoping this was going to be the one.

No shipping quote today so if they don't get with me soon I am going to do it myself. I have taken everyones advice into consideration and think that might be the best route anyway. We will see. If I build a DIY I will order the return pump off your site. I found one earlier.

no shipping quote today so if they don't get with me soon i am going to do it myself. I have taken everyones advice into consideration and think that might be the best route anyway. We will see. If i build a diy i will order the return pump off your site. I found one earlier.

cool what pump did u find?

Gen-X 4100 Pump 1085 GPH I would put a valve to control flow that way it wouldn't have to work so hard. Seems like a good one.

That makes sense. All I would be doing is restricting flow which in turn means that it would put more force on the pump. I will tell you I am not thinking today. I start back college tomorrow and have to much on my mind I guess.

Back