Ideas Please, Lobo Rebuild

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NaTe R

I have had this colony of Lobo for about 5 years now. When i got it it was a nice dome of heads, within a week after purchase half of the heas died off as well as my good friends colony he recived at the same time.

It has been growing and splitting but i want to some how rebuild this colony so it becomes a dome again, can it be done? plus get rid of all the crap that has been growing on it now.

Ideas?

lobo.jpg

Pictured to the right is a head i cut off about 1.5 years ago to see if it would grow/split..... no luck there it sits.

i was kinda thinking about cutting it up and putty-ing it back together or somthing like that i guess i should have asked if anybody knows how to cut these things to get them to grow again.

the small one on the left is my example of what didnt work for me the first time.

Cut the bottom off of a 16 oz plastic drinking bottle. (make sure it is clean) Take the lid off. Push the bottom side of the bottle into the sand around the coral. Then mix up your favorite coral food that you use with some tank water. Then take a turkey baster and shoot it through the mouth of the bottle. This will allow your corals to get as much food as possible without it shooting all around your system. When you pull the bottle out the rest of your corals will get fed.

Depending on the flow in your tank you might want to turn off your pumps while you do this.

I don't recommend feeding a tank more than 2-3 times a week, but that is just me. I know it kind of crazy coming from somebody who sells coral food.

You will use less food this way and more than likely have less problems with water quality.

Good luck

Back