Ideas Wanted for new Project.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mine is a 50 breeder so pretty thin glass....I have my apex coming and I;m so excited. I am dead set on my next tank being the cleanest sump area yet and the probe holder would be key lol.

Very generous of you Peppie!

How about a good old kalk reactor if your looking into acrylic? I have some clear 3" or 4" cast tubing I could donate. I need to check the diameter but I am pretty sure it is. That is somthing most reefers can benifit from. Let me know.

Frankie

Thats a great idea Frank, I have been wanting to build something like that for a while. I am a little apprehensive about tackling something I have never done. Heck I wasnt even sure how it worked until a couple of hours ago. (did some research)

We will put it on the list.

Thanks for offering up some of the material. We will see what the members want me to build. I may take you up on the offer.

Anybody else that would like to step up and donate just post what you have

How about the most efficient mod or pump retrofit exchange for improving a low end / underperforming skimmer? I know we all eventually find that our protein skimmers just fall behind expectations as bioloads increase over time. And it just bites that some skimmers lose their performance sooner than expected. Hey Skimmy you want to chime in on this one?

Auto top off float bracket. Just like the probe holder. Just hooked up my ca reactor and ro top off would make my reef complete automatic.

Auto top off float bracket. Just like the probe holder. Just hooked up my ca reactor and ro top off would make my reef complete automatic.
'

PSAS will be doing another workshop with DIY probe holder, ATO float switch, and more this year! If you need a bracket before then just let me know.

I'd like to run a sump under my 75, but my cheapo petsmart-type stand won't accomodate one. Would be interested in a stand build that I can actually do. Some of these other ones simply blow my mind and are far too detailed for me to tackle.

And I don't know if there are threads out there already, but we've been having fun installing blue LED nightlights into our current lights for all of the tanks. Others may enjoy this too. We've been more trial & error through the process - so certainly not SME enough to post a thread.

So far this is what we have.

eww Hood/Stand

Akunochi Hood/Stand probe doo-dads

Crazyfish253 Stand probe doo-dads, ATO float bracket

Spllbnd2 Reactor, acrylic sump

Frankie Kalk Reactor

Aquanaut Pump mod for skimmer

WAblonde Stand

Mojo Calc. reactor

Anybody else? Looks like it is either going to be a simple Stand/Hood or a Reactor of some type.
I am working with RF staff to decide how this project will be given away.
Next week I will post what project has been selected, and will be looking for donations of material for the build.

Thanks for all the input.

Peppie

Looks good Dave, I've got the Probe Holder project covered, purchased the nylon machine thread screws yesterday and have plenty enough 3/4" scrap acrylic and neo mags to make at least four 3-4 probe brackets. I'm thinking that three holes for the std 1/2" probes (PH, ORP, Conductivity) and one smaller for Temp probe. Building one for Eric W, Seth, myself and one for a RF give away. I also have some machined caps with key-holes for the Calcium or Kalk reactor that we can use. I believe its sized for 3" but I'll check exactly what size it is for you. Once we get all the materials together I'll plan on driving down for the day to see if we can knock it out.

Cheers, Todd

Thanks Todd.

I will take you up on the offer. It looks like we will be able to have some nice projects to give away in the future.

It looks like we will be able to get most of the material donated for any project we choose.

Back