If anyone wants to learn something come on down! Custom tank build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Seth the tank looks great. Sorry I missed the in person build. I am counting on you for detailed pics and info.

Why are you going all the way to Cal. for your wood? I hope it is not to just buy your lumber. There are a # of sites on the net that will carry what you are looking for.
Buy the way awesome choice of wood. But you know you can make birdseye maple look the same. Birdseye is Birdseye

Peppie,

I am going to Cali because my Grandfather's father and many father before him worked the lumber mills in Eureka and Arcata California. Soooooo i am just going to go pilfer Grandpa's garage of redwood LOL.

Everyone,

I promise to do a detailed build workshop (the best I can with a lack of pics...all hands were needed.), but I am just exhausted from all the weekend projects...so I'll just plan on doing it sometime at work.

Nice job bud, that turned out great. I've got mixed feelings about moving it though, not looking forward to how heavy it is but man is that a cool tank.

yeah something around there...

Bottom pane is 142
Each side is 42
overflow is just over 20
Euro braces say 20

right around 300 I guess all added up

Nope that sump in my sump workshop (l shaped) will be the sump.

Again I want to point out that Myteemouse mmade this build possible. His help was instrumental.

Last edited:
Hey Seth, isn't this thing up and cycled yet I was going to bring you some presents home from Hawaii next month and would be a real shame if its not ready :Cry:. Might have to just swing by and drop them all off in Erics or Adams tanks. NO RUSH, YOU GOT SIX WEEKS MY FRIEND :peace:

Cheers/Mahalo, Todd

Hmmm Seth is not responding, he is must be out in the garage frantically whitlin' up a new stand or something ...tic toc...tic toc...

Cheers/Mahalo, Todd

Seth doesnt even have the wood for his stand yet. I think I am going to assist him in the stand build. I will get more details Friday nite.
Are we still on for Friday Seth?

Since he only has six short weeks I think he is out pulling every other wall stud out of garage to get it built in time. Don't worry though Seth I'm sure once these unbelievably friggin awesome Hawaiian zoas start to multiply Adam & Eric will sell you some at fair market price:smokin: Come on what are friends for.:whistle:

Cheers/Mahalo, Todd

Back