I'm back...34g solana rimless cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dailydriven911

sps addict
I'm back on the saddle again! I splurged and bought the new 34g Current Solana cube from Blue Sierra today. I've missed my little piece of the reef since I sold everything back in late August of this year. I wasn't really looking at tanks and found this one on accident on RC and fell in love with the design and it fit's perfect in our condo.:) So basically this is my second tank thread and I just wanted to share my ideas and also listen to any suggestions you guys might have. I know for sure this is going to be another sps dominant tank w/ some lps and zoos. I need help w/ a fish list and aquascaping So here we go...

Equipment list

34g Solana rimless cube http://www.current-usa.com/solana.html
Built in skimmer, auto top-off, chemical filtration, 400gph return
(2) Hydor Koralias (600 gph)ea
150w Current Sunpod (pheonix 14k)

Aquascaping...Done! Two tall islands with shelve like overhangs 30-40lbs of L/R

(Tenative) Fish...

Looking for ideas aggressive and peaceful or a good mix...

Fish list as of now...
1 fourline wrasse
1 green or spotted mandarin (in the future)
1 Falco Hawk
1 yasha Hase shrimp Goby w/ candycane pistol
1 black and white ocellaris clown

Corals...

Like I said mainly sps, monti's, lps, zoos, and ricordea

Inverts...

I want to do 2-3 small clams Maxima, Crocea, Derasa, turbo's, 5-10 bl hermits, 2 scarlet hermits, blue linkia, cleaner shrimp, cb shrimp, anything else?

Sandbed...

1" SB because it worked well before (ps I'm against bb:D)

I want to also maybe plumb in a refugium underneath the tank hidden in the stand. Just a simple 5-10 gallon refugium. DONE! Eventually I will probably want to mod the skimmer but I actually read the skimmer does a good job. Only time will tell I guess.

The refugium is pretty much all planned out I just need to source everything. It will consist of a 3" dsb, 15-20 lbs l/r, cheato, lots of red sea xenia, feather dusters and other filter feeders. It will then spill into the sump (which will be seperated from the refugium by a divider). The skimmer will be located here and then a return pump will go back to the main display. Just need to find a 16"lx16"x14h tank:)

On to the pics...

Last edited:
Hey Jason!

Nice to see you back :). The tank i got from you is doing well, and i hope all is well with you too.

I'm going to stop by BR today to p/u some L/R and fill her up and get things going...thanks everyone for the nice comments! I'll be looking for frags here in the next couple weeks or so hopefully...:)

So I picked up about 30 lbs of uncured l/r today so I won't be buying any fish or corals for a month or so. I'll get some pics up here soon of the aquascaping as soon as the water clears up a bit...:) Thanks everybody!

WELCOME BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you back in the game. Let me know when your ready for some frags, I will hook you up. You gotta come see my setup, hope to have 90 gal up soon. Welcome back

tank looks georgeous now but I always wonder about salt creep with those tanks? Still just learning here....

Back