I'm back...34g solana rimless cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well I finally finished my aquascaping and I can say that I'm pleased with the outcome I can already visualize the corals I want to place on the rockwork. :) I'll post pics here soon...

Here are some pics still a bit cloudy because I messed with the aquascaping last night but you get an idea at least. :) I may change the aquaqscaping by adding a few more pieces of live rock and tonga branch so this is not the final product. Thanks for looking...

Water is still cloudy because of the new rock but I'm finally done w/ the aquascaping. Took me a few hours just to get it right but I'm happy with the results. I decided to do two tall Islands mainly because I needed more l/r in the tank and it provides more room for corals and better placement. It's a mix of kaelini tonga and tonga fusion. On to the pics...last one I used flash:)

Jayson way to go. I cant wait to see some corals in it. You will be there in no time.

Your telling me I have all these ideas running through my mind constantly but I know it will be at least a month or so before I can add anything. I need to add some sort of refugium as well to help with excess nutrients. Thanks Mike!

What a neat tank Jayson and glad you're back. And, the rock work is excellent. how did you get the towers to stay together? any help from PVC? glue? etc.

What a neat tank Jayson and glad you're back. And, the rock work is excellent. how did you get the towers to stay together? any help from PVC? glue? etc.

Yes I used a reef safe putty to join the rocks together. I forgot the name of the product but it worked great. It takes about 2-3 minutes to dry and once in water it will fully cure within 24 hours. I'll try to find my receipt...:lol:

Edit...here is a link Ben
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idproduct~TL1611.html

Last edited:
oh yeah.. neat. may have to order some of that up when I grow the cahoonas to start my own aquascaping job. thanks for the tip.

I updated a few things on the first post regarding fish choices and a refugium/sump idea. If anybody has any input/experiences with the fish please let me know good and the bad.

I'm also looking for a good skimmer, one w/ a small footprint and relatively cheap. Any ideas? I was thinking ASM Mini G or Aqua Euro 55 link>http://www.onlineaquatic.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=138. Possibly even a hob for the sump/refugium like the Aqua C Remora w/ mj1200.

Thanks,

Jayson

Last edited:
Back