In Wall - going for it! - seeking your ideas/feedback/advice

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ben, it was great seeing you again bro. It's been a loooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg time. Thanks again for all the great pieces and the hook up. I know you'll be back to set up another tank in the future. People always find their way back into the hobby. Good luck with everything!

Good looking house, good luck on the sale.

Anyone needing corals better get over to Bens right away. I brought home some frags that are far bigger and brighter than anything you can get from the LFS for the same price.

Good looking house, good luck on the sale.

Anyone needing corals better get over to Bens right away. I brought home some frags that are far bigger and brighter than anything you can get from the LFS for the same price.

that for sure brighter and bigger,,i heard you scored some great corals ,congrats:)

Just got back from Bens and he has an amazing collection and great prices, I will have to plan a return visit soon. Thanks again Ben!

Thanks again for the corals Ben.

I forgot the name of the 2 yellow corals. I think one was a yellow stag horn. What was the other?

Thanks

well good news folks - the house sold! Only about a week on the market too. And even better news- The offer included the entire fish tank setup (what's left of it that is). It's sold to a nice couple with a young daughter who have always wanted a saltwater fish tank and fell in love with this even in it's current state which is just a pile of rocks. So I guess all my hard work paid off finally. Boy that happened fast - got the offer, signed the paperwork, and got the earnest money all in a few hour timeframe.

I'm so excited I can hardly sleep (which explains why I'm typing this at 4:30 in the morning.

But holy cow, that means Kelly and I need to find a new place quick! We better get a move on.

Happy Labor day everyone!

Ben

too good to be true? then it probably is

The appraisal on the house came back yesterday and it's $35,000 less than the price we had reached with the new buyers. Apparently greenbelt lots and houses with $50k in upgrades are worth as much as a foreclosed house down the block now a days - who know??? . I hate stupid FHA loans & I hate stupid FHA appriasers. (sorry a little pissed at the moment)

Anyhow, is anyone interested in my equipment? I'd like to tear it down this weekend so I can get the wall patched up.

206 218 8289

Ben

That is just not right, the appraisor obviously knows nothing about reefing. You have some super nice equipment, wish I were in the market I would be first in line.

ouch..sorry to hear that...

buying/selling homes is one thing I hate doing..almost as bad as haggling with car salesman. (no offense to any car salesmen out there) :)

Hey Ben, what's the story? Looking for an update.

I couldn't sell my Redmond house after about a year! Had to tear down and sell my 250gal island tank. Ended up renting the house out but the good news is that I am finally building a new tank at our new place in Seabeck (on Hood Canal).

What goes up must come down

Hi Mark! so good to hear from you. Hope you are well.

we're all moved out now and into our new home. I miss the tank dearly and think about it (and you guys) a lot. It sure was a fun and rewarding project and I met so many good people along the way. Here are some final pics....

4133483778_71d9950a97.jpg

4132723151_f600623a4f.jpg

4132724391_ea7752947e.jpg

Thanks again Duane for a standout jobn getting the wall and everything back together - couldn't tell it was even their once I got some paint on it.

Ben

So where did you end up moving to Ben, Isaquah? I bet within a couple years we will see another thread pop up from you featuring Duanes back side building a stand for your 1000 in-wall.

Yeah... I considered hard about putting a similar in-wall but decided to go Elos against a wall so no huge damage. I am in the middle of running plumbing between the floors and walls to a remote fish room. Looking forward to the dedicated room instead of under the tank!

Back