Inflated Acan??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NanaReefer

My Acan has tripled in heads since I first got it in April. From 3 to 9. However it's always really inflated during the day. Is this normal for them to inflate? It eats well and has great color.
rase8esy.jpg

ynypeva3.jpg

Looks kind of like its reaching for light to me. Otherwise, its looks happy.

I like it when they are that fleshy, I tend to put them on the bottom and tucked into a corner so they can flesh out. As long as they get supplemental feeding.

I don't see any thing wrong w/ it. I have bunch of acans and they're like that like after you fed them. inflate really puffy then turn to normal acans. I think it is more w/ flow too. Hope that help.

Thank you! It is my only Acan and so far it seems to be doing great. I do feed it a lot though :) Mostly Reef Frenzy. Could be the flow, it's right under the MP10. At night it shrinks up and then the lil sweepers come out.

Last edited:
flow is the reason why makes it puffy. And if you feed them daily or weekly they multiply fast...nice little guy you got there, i like the stripes haha.

She's pink with white stripes and if I put her lower she turns orange with white stripes....I like the pink better so up she went :) I feed her 3-4x a week. I love feeding my LPS!!

Looks really happy!!! Love acans that pop like that. Coral frenzy, Oyster feast or even ROE by reef nutrition would be my choices :amen:

Well I moved it to the SB on the opposite side from where it was in the pic. No difference with it inflating but her color has gotten a little darker. Which is fine with me :)
7eqe3yha.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Back