I've decided to take a break

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Well after about 2 months of much thought and talking it over with a few others, I've finally decided to take a small break. I will be pulling down my aquapod either later on today or tomorrow and will be without a tank for a while. How long? I'm not sure... I've spent close to 10K last year alone with 4 different tanks (90gal, 75gal, 38gal and the 24 gal aquapod) without any "real" satisfaction and I really don't want a repeat occurance this year. So, seeing I'm really not enjoying this small tank I have now although I've tried my best to, and also, that I'm not interested at all anymore in rushing to get something new setup I may regret again, I've decided to go without a tank altogether for a while and sit back a bit and when I'm good and ready, hopefully later on down the year, I will then plan out a tank the size I want done the way I really want it to be done taking my time for a change to do it right...Sort of like what Scott (scooterman is doing) so I won't have any regrets. :)

With that being said, I still plan to be here just as much as I am now. The fact that I'm not going to have a tank, doesn't mean I'm not interested in the hobby or RF anymore (because I am) nor does that mean I can't or won't contribute anymore. I still want to help others out where I can when I can (just as much as I have been doing) but also, I want to continue learning about the hobby as there is still a lot left for me to learn as I've only just scratched the surface IMO. So I'll still be around...Just without a tank for a while. I'm sure I will miss being without a tank because I really love having one, but like I said, no sense keeping something I don't really want or rushing to setup something I may not want either so a break to me seems like the most logical solution for now:)

Last edited:
that's sad to hear!!!! did you and Gaby get in a fight and break up or something??????:D :D :D :D LOL

ahh dood...when you said a shoker i didn't think it was THAT big of a shoker .
I know you were frustraded and all with that tiny of yours and i think it's a good idea you're taking a break ......just don't take 10 years to go back having a tank :p.
I'll be exited when you start building a new one :).

Hummmm... does this mean, for this tank you plan in the future, you're just going to build your house there on the beach, then have a basement room with a window opening out onto (under water) the reef??? Can I come for a visit??? :D

Krish, I hear ya man! I'm in a similar boat, although not shutting down the tank, but rethinking it all. Sometimes it does help to step back and really look at what you want. Best of luck my friend

Besides, you have the best aquarium anyone could ask for....no glass to run into, no problem with nitrates or phosphates....just go dive.

LOL! Thanks everyone and yeah...I've do have the ocean for a tank:D I'll have another tank eventually, but I think it's about time to stop with all the new tanks every few months or so eventhough it's great entertainment:p I'll take my time the next time around and do it right seeing I've tried so many different ways and know what I need to do now. We'll see how it goes... :)

Send me the spare parts :D LOL
Well Krish, I've been building my tank for over a year now & I'm still cutting wood LOL! When I took a break from my last two tanks I had time to really focus on what i wanted, then Mikey threw a curve ball at me & before I knew it I was building a bigger tank not smaller, I still don't know how that happened!:confused:

My point is Krish after jumping in knee deep like you did & trying so many different things, you've come a long way & learned what works & what doesn't, fact is you just don't have what you know you want so your not happy & I can relate to that. Just don't go build you a completely new tank until I have fish in mine ok! :eek:

Just don't go build you a completely new tank until I have fish in mine ok!

LOL!!:lol:.
you know you sure are taking a lot of time dood ...but i think that so far where you are at, it looks really nice and if you keep it up you will end up in magazines :).

Send me the spare parts LOL
Well Krish, I've been building my tank for over a year now & I'm still cutting wood LOL! When I took a break from my last two tanks I had time to really focus on what i wanted, then Mikey threw a curve ball at me & before I knew it I was building a bigger tank not smaller, I still don't know how that happened!

My point is Krish after jumping in knee deep like you did & trying so many different things, you've come a long way & learned what works & what doesn't, fact is you just don't have what you know you want so your not happy & I can relate to that. Just don't go build you a completely new tank until I have fish in mine ok!

LOL! No prob. It will be a while I'm sure.:p It's not because of money why I need to wait because I have it, but time to think "smart" for a change:)

LOL!!.
you know you sure are taking a lot of time dood ...but i think that so far where you are at, it looks really nice and if you keep it up you will end up in magazines .

LOL! Scooty's going to have a home improvement show and movie as well, but you'll have to wait on that one Gabbs. Still in the making:p

LOL! Scooty's going to have a home improvement show and movie as well

as long as it's not with the extreme home makeover show because otherwise i'll have a shock for a long long time :D.

Well Krish, I don't see any reason why you can start planning the next tank now.

LOL! Who said I haven't;) I have stuff already drawn up (tank design and so forth) a few styles and even dimensions, some possible equipment already picked out etc, but not rushing anything. Going to let it sit for a bit and see which one I want to go with when the time is right. I have cool plans for either glass or acrylic so we'll see. I'll be without a tank for a while before I decide on anything. :)

Okay... waiting impatiently for the next new Krish tank thread! Should I go get some yard work done or hang by the PC a little longer?:D

LOL!!:lol:.
you know you sure are taking a lot of time dood ...but i think that so far where you are at, it looks really nice and if you keep it up you will end up in magazines :).

If My tank ever end up in magazines then I'm going to stop right there & quit while I'm ahead LOL!

that is a shock, but its sounds like it is for the best. I had a nano a while back and it was amazing great coral growth and it looked great, but I just couldnt get interested in it. nano reefs are not for me either..

Good Luck..

Matt

Back