Jabao pumps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The site I found offers a 2 year warranty for 10 extra dollars, so roughly 65 dollars with the insurance. I think we might be able to get at least 8 pumps in a group buy?

Did you just say AFLAC?

Think I might just have to splurge. Was not happy with the value and noise relative to cost on the vortechs, Having it all in the tank seems like a very fair tradeoff for the lowish level of investment required. Was going to add another power-head anyway (from stash in garage.)
Perhaps, pull all the clutter out of the tank and replace with a pair of AFLACs and goose the flow up

Santa said, time to make the corals happy. Bot a dual WP40 set. Guess will have to start selling off my collection of Tunze and Koralia powerheads (tank clutter)

Mike,

Might be interested in your koralias, but in a PM..
Don't wont to distract from this thread. :D

I thought about selling off a few of my extra pumps but it never hurts to have back up equipment.

Can't wait to get my wp25's in! Two more weeks! I ordered two but will probably only need one of them.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Two weeks!! Two weeks? I ordered mine from Jebao US and had them in three days from Arizona. With Free shipping. When my photo sensors weren't in the packaging and I e-mailed customer service, I also had those in three days.

i bought a WP 25 a few months back. I am happy with it, it really puts out a good flow. A lot of chatter back when they first came out speculated that the Jabeos would cause Tunze and Vortech prices to drop eventually. Just saw where Vortech has a 20% rebate thing going.. my guess is Vortechs and Tunze will come down by 40-50% over the next year.

Got my pair of WP40s installed. Awesome! Slightest buzz with full powered wave function, but quieter than all others.
They are closer to what I was hoping Vortecs would be and at 1/4 the price.
Most closely similar to the 12 volt controlled Tunze package, with better mounts.

Just won a bid for one Jebao WP25 on ebay for my 40B. Can't wait to see how it works :target:

I got mine about a week ago and they are sweet pumps. Sucks that else mode blows the tank around into complete chaos.

I got mine about a week ago and they are sweet pumps. Sucks that else mode blows the tank around into complete chaos.

Thanks for the warning! Looks like no else mode for me then lol. I was goin to trial all the controls in an empty 20L first. I'm going to use it in conjunction with another 800gph wavemaker on a timer, but lets see if a single Jebao wp25 can do the whole 40B...

i have been thinking about getting two of the jabao wp-60's. if there is going to be a group buy. let me know. thanks chad

Trust me one wp-25 is overkill in a 40B. The only modes I was able to run without it being a complete sand storm is in W1. I also have a 40B

BTW************ you can use a 12volt supply ( I used mine off an old router power supply) and I can now run all the modes including Else mode. If you want the nice waves you might want to stick with the power supply that comes with the box, the 12volts just isn't enough to make a nice enough wave imo.

Back