Jabao pumps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Trust me one wp-25 is overkill in a 40B. The only modes I was able to run without it being a complete sand storm is in W1. I also have a 40B

BTW************ you can use a 12volt supply ( I used mine off an old router power supply) and I can now run all the modes including Else mode. If you want the nice waves you might want to stick with the power supply that comes with the box, the 12volts just isn't enough to make a nice enough wave imo.

I appreciate it! I'll prob stick with the normal power supply, but will most likely just use w1 at the lowest flow rate.

Here is a question I have on these pumps. Are they controllable with the apex? Any way any how? With the build of a new reef I plan to use my apex and wanted as much as possible controlled. But if not then these sound like a good pump for my fowlr tank.

They come with controllers....confusing question because I don't know why you would want to use an apex to control it. They have been used on reefs from what I'v seen with great success.

The vortech come with controllers as well, but there is a apex module to control them through the apex. I understand they have been used on reefs and they seem to be a great pump, I would just like the control from the apex as well.

Here is a question I have on these pumps. Are they controllable with the apex? Any way any how? With the build of a new reef I plan to use my apex and wanted as much as possible controlled. But if not then these sound like a good pump for my fowlr tank.

Yes, there are plenty of DIY threads on how to cut the contoller off and splice it into an apex. I plan to do it to at least one of my two.

Yes, there are plenty of DIY threads on how to cut the contoller off and splice it into an apex. I plan to do it to at least one of my two.

so to do this with the apex. do you have to buy the vdm module? i might wait for you to do this and i might do the same to mine. i still need to order my wp's. tracy said he will bring one of his wp 40's over. i was thinking about getting the wp 60's. we will see what the wp 40 does in my tank

The full apex package $499 has four VDM ports built in. I ordered an extra VDM module so I can have two sets of powerheads (tunze's and Jeboa's) and then control four channels of LED dimming.

The apex is set up to control tunzes which run from 0-10VDC. The jebao's use 0-5VDC to control speed but there are a couple work arounds to deal with it.

Hmmm, that sounds like a plan then. I keep reading good things about them, just sometimes seem to good to be true.

Also if you want to get the wp-25 for a little more simply use a 12volt supply and if you ever upgrade or want to use it on a large tank just use the power supply they send you.

fishstreet.com offers them with an upgraded light sensor and better bushings on the pump as well as an expanded controller and an optional "dimmable" power supply for additional control. Best place I've seen to buy em from IMO, I've been tossing the idea around in my head for a bit and did some research. Hopefully I can replace my korallias soon. Oh and by the way it's Jebao not Jabao lol.

Last edited:
Just got 2 wp-60s, I think it might be too much flow for my 330, just one on the lowest setting does more than my 2 mp-40s

i just added one wp-40 to my 360 gallon tank. it makes a very cool wave. i might add one more wp-40. we will see. very cool pump.

I got one wp-40 running in my 180, and a tunze on the other end to keep water moving in the dead zone, I really like this pump, I probably have around 200 lbs of live rock so I have a lot of open spaces so for now 1 wp40 seems to be enough but in the future I may need to add another one, noise wise is very good, my air pump running my skimmer is louder than powerhead and I dont think you can beat the price, been running for about 3 plus months, pretty happy with unit, hopefully I can say the same in about 2 years or so, time will tell

Last week I replaced my 4 Tunze 6100's and two Maxijet Mods and a Tunze Wavebox with 2ea. Jebao WP-60's. They are at opposet ends of the 210 gallon Tank set on an alternating cycle with a standard wave timer. The flow is a Gyre that alternates clockwise then counterclockwise. I'm using W1 with the Wave effect totally dialed in. This Tank is Rockin Now Baby! Less power with better flow for a fraction of the cost. I'm sold on these pumps too!

VIVA JEBAO

Dang now I have to get one...wat size for my 120g? 4x2x2'
Currently has two 1400hydor evos and a 1050. All on the back wall
D

From what I have seen I think a wp 40 would be plenty, maybe even a 25. I also got one of their dc-12000 return pumps to try out. Should triple my flow.

the wp40 is plenty on my 75, although, i am considering another one now that things are growing and blocking it.. so on the 120, i might think about a wp60 rather than getting a 40 now and the considering another 40 in the future. but it depends on how much and what you have stocked. i don't have a 60, so i can't speak to it necessarily.. it might be way too much...

Back