Jakes Project 90

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It looks great. I wish I could go this slow. I have always live hurry up and wait thanks to the military.

Keep up the great work!

BTW did you do your own fan covers? I need some of those for my hood.

Thanx everyone,:)

James, I just retired from the Military(26yrs) so I know what ya mean about the hurry up and wait process...lol
And no I didnt make the fan covers just the back to the canopy:)

It looks great. I wish I could go this slow. I have always live hurry up and wait thanks to the military.

Keep up the great work!

BTW did you do your own fan covers? I need some of those for my hood.

Small update, not to much progress:( I went ahead and made a different sump (29g) so I could have more volume in case of power outages etc. Still have to water test it. Also installed a strip of metal between the two powerstrips mainly for identification purposes, and then made a "cat cover" over the top of it because I just know they will get up on there one time and shut something off :)

tank004.jpg

tank005.jpg

tank001.jpg

tank003.jpg

Well got the sump in the stand last nite and hooked it up so I went ahead and filled the tank up with tap water to test everything. Need to make a few adjustments here and there but it seems to be working fine. Couldnt really tune the skimmer with just fresh water running thru it but that should work itself out when I'm ready for salt:) More to come soon...I hope :)

tank015.jpg

tank009.jpg

tank011.jpg

Nice

is that tank full of saltwater???

If so, I don;t want to sound like a bugger of anything. BUT when you add rock you miught want to take some of the water out so you don't flood your stand and floor.., just saying..

I love your homemade sump.. VERY well done..

No Adam, it was just a freshwater plumbing check:) Its empty again, just waiting on some rock:)

Nice

is that tank full of saltwater???

If so, I don;t want to sound like a bugger of anything. BUT when you add rock you miught want to take some of the water out so you don't flood your stand and floor.., just saying..

I love your homemade sump.. VERY well done..

No Adam, it was just a freshwater plumbing check:) Its empty again, just waiting on some rock:)
Oh my bad, Just lookin out for ya ...
I almost made that mistake with my 125 :)
I got excited and nearly overflowed my sump..LOL:badgrin::oops:

finally got it up and running So far I'm pretty happy with the aquascaping, I knew the more I messed with it the more frustrated I would get so I just started fitting them together and making sure they were stable. I also put a few pieces of eggcrate under the big base rock. I had to use about 15gl of tap water because I ran out of RO but I dosed with some Prime to help out Still need to fine tune the skimmer as its not reallly producing foam at the moment just bubbles (anybody have expeirence with the AquaC EV 180?) I also put the heater in my fuge area with the bottom resting on the sand...hope that will be alright

tank021.jpg

tank024.jpg

tank026.jpg

tank027.jpg

tank034.jpg

VERY nice rocks..
GOOD choice..
I think you got some sweet pieces there..
Gonna be great in a year with all kinds of growth,...
Well done..

Back