Jayson & Thi-Le's Reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The jack-O-lantern is awesome. How quickly does it grow?

From this...
a8yvemy7.jpg

To this...
ybasyse4.jpg

...in a month. We cut the top part off and a 1/3 of it to sell but it filled in already. Usually it grows back with the lines and then starts growing eyes. We feed it about once a week. Definitely one of our favorite corals because it's bright and grows really really fast. We have five frags growing now and it's obvious to see they've gotten bigger after just one week!!!

Things got better and better. what kind of camera and lense? thanks.

Used a rebel xti with an 18-55 kit lens then just corrected the temp in lightroom. Saving up for a macro lens. Rented one from glazers camera and I can really tell the difference. The photos are of corals I can get close and clear pics by putting the lens up to the glass so it doesn't move.

I have seen this tank in person when I went over to pick up some feather dusters. It is absolutely gorgeous with some really nice corals.

That's a sweet setup. Extremely compact yet still sleek and highly functional. Makes me want a rimless tank for my future upgrade, but you can't go wrong when a family member wants to give you a free 125 gallon even though it's not reef-ready.

We actually have a couple of frags that are healed and ready. lol. It's been frag for over a month now. We will post it on the classifieds.

Bubble magus also setup and dosing away =] so glad we got this instead of having to manually dose everyday. Alk and Ca are stable and just testing right before the weekly water change.

6enavyna.jpg

The spikes on the Apex chart are when the Alk doses.

Back