Jesse's 40B with 20L sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Happy news I'm about to be a father!

I came in this morning and saw one of my Tonga Nassarius Snails laying eggs in a feather pattern. I have never seen this before they hardly ever climb on the glass. His/Her body is all shriveled up and looks horrible but i decided not to interrupt the process.

5307003494_109c4d738d_b.jpg

Cool beans!!! Congrats!! :)

From what i've read the likelihood of the baby snails surviving is slim to none. But it's good to see something in the tank doing well and not struggling. A step in the right direction for sure.

It's a cool thing to see for sure! I've caught my stomatella snails spawning several times, and a week or so later there are tiny snails everywhere! My corals like to eat them though, and the numbers never get too high.

From what i've read the likelihood of the baby snails surviving is slim to none. But it's good to see something in the tank doing well and not struggling. A step in the right direction for sure.

Thats not true at all...thats how I still have snails in my tank! My trigger keeps eating them but some how they never die off. Even in my old tank my snails were always reproducing and you could see the little baby snails on the glass all the time. So congrats big daddy! lol...JK Happy New Year!

Wow, a serial killer angel. At least he decided to do the right thing and kill himself. What a pain in the butt. I am sorry to hear that. I might decide to get rid of my yellow clown. He is eating the SPS polyps in my nano. If I decide to, you can have him. I'm really sorry to hear about your losses. This tank of yours has gone through hell. I hope things get better soon. =(

Well good news and bad news. Lately I have been fighting the causes of a overwhelming algae bloom. I installed a carbon reactor done multiple changes and kept the system super clean. But today while shutting everything down to add some copepods, I discovered the location of the missing lemon peal angle. In the sump flow dissipating device i drilled out of PVC fittings. when i un-screwed it i also found a lawnmower blenny and multiple snail bodies. No wonder this system is having so many problems. I have now removed the PVC fittings from the sump and am preparing for a 15 gallon water change. Hopefully this is the beginning of the recovery for real this time. Added a few snails and cleaned a lot. We'll see where we stand on Monday!

@ NanoReefer411

Algae growth has slowed but still around, fish are happy. all rocks have been scrubbed and cleaned. I re-aquascaped again since i took the rocks out to clean them. still no corals in the tank except a few colonies of pulsing xenia which seem to be doing very well. a couple of plate corals and a feather duster. Every once in awhile i'll bring a colony of zoanthids in to see how they do but they never open. tank still needs time.

What about now? Hows the tank now? Can you hear me now? What about now? lol....jk I hope everything is doing well!

Thanks for following along everyone. As part of a lifestyle change the family and I are selling the house and downgrading to a condo here in Liberty Lake. The good news is I will have much more money every month and will be living a better life the bad news is I'm on the 3rd floor and aquariums are not allowed. So my plan is to move my home reef to work and my work reef will be sold. Everything from this tank will be sold except the stand, carbon reactor and reefkeeper and korillia pumps.

I'm selling the 6 fixture T5 light, the 40B, sump, pump, skimmer and all the live rock. The fish will be coming home till it's time to move but the live rock is for sale. I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it. I'm guessing about 50 lbs. If anyone is interested please give me a call at 509-723-9777. I'll be posting this in the Classifieds section ASAP. Thanks everyone for following along. Wish me luck with the move!!

The tank was showing steady signs of improvement and i was really happy with it. Kinda hurts to have to tear it down now. But the new tank (Oceanic Illuminate 57 gallon) will be much nicer.

That sucks Jesse! I'm sorry to hear that! You know you can always keep stuff here if you need to! Finally getting my tank dialed in. So just let me know if you need anything or if you need any help.

That sucks Jesse! I'm sorry to hear that! You know you can always keep stuff here if you need to! Finally getting my tank dialed in. So just let me know if you need anything or if you need any help.

Thanks for the offer. I may be looking for a 75-100 gallon holding tank/bucket/horse trough to put stuff in for a few days while i make the transfer. But other than that just 1 heavy lift and things should go smoothly i hope.

Back