Josh's 55g Reef Journal

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Reefdaddy1 said:
It looking real good Josh. Hope your going to college for marine Bio, That would be all tax write offs for ya there. LOL

hehe, thats a really good idea, except i'd have to got hawaii or florida to do that cause its all salmon over here, haha

Some Rocks

finally i can add some water to the tank after all this time and this means i get to start aquascaping, here's all the rocks i get to choose from for my tank

some rocks
PICT5744.jpg

some rocks with flash
PICT5745.jpg

krish75 said:
Those are some really nice pieces Josh! You should be able to do wonders with it! Best of luck!:)

thanks man, i've just finished the aquascaping and ill post some picture a bit later after the the water clears up :)

Skimmer Test

here's some pictures of my skimmer few minutes right after i turn it on, great foam action i might add...:cool:

PICT5748.jpg

PICT5746-1.jpg

yea...previous skimmers took a few days to foam like that also... you got me wondering because this is just a test with freshly mixed salt water :confused:

i cant even imagine the mess u made with the live rock...=)

anyways i hope ur aquascaping looks niice... if not that sucks=P ill just redo it for u!

Up and Running...

i finally got all the plumbing finished and now i finished adding all the live rock, hopefully i could start adding livestock in a couple week til the tank levels out and stablizes, im going to add a cleanup crew, then fish, then the coral (in that order) here are some pictures, enjoy! the tanks were a bit cloudy when i took the pictures, but here they are

first full tank shot
PICT5743.jpg

the halide shimma! oh my
PICT5748-1.jpg

different angles
PICT5746-2.jpg

PICT5744-1.jpg

PICT5745-1.jpg

PICT5749.jpg

brown paly hitchhiker..... must die!
PICT5747.jpg

krish75 said:
Very nice Josh! Nice open spaces as well for fish to swim in and for flow...Very nice:)

yup, plenty of hiding space for small fishes (soon to come:))

shallowreef said:
I love the rockwork You'll be able to put a lot of corals in there.

yea i can't wait!

Green Hair Algea

yay, i got some green hair algea growing and its only been less than 2 days! im soo happy :) i'm a little hesistant about adding anything into such an unestablished tank so i'll wait a bit longer to add my first cleaner crew. im so happy my tank is growing up :)

it's all over the walls :D
PICT5753.jpg

PICT5752-2.jpg

PICT5751.jpg

Back