June 18th Picnic/Raffle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reedman

Alright members...and members to be,

This is the event you want to attend. There is food, fun, BIG raffle items, and a really nice reef tank to look at. It's sure to be a fun event.
  • June 18th, Event starts at 2PM
  • It's going to be at Mike O'Brien's place on lake tapps
  • This is a family event
  • This is a members-only event like every other meeting, so if you haven't joined yet, now's a perfect time.
  • PSAS will be providing hamburgers, hotdogs, soda, and condiments
  • The rest of the food will be pot luck, so bring something good (see the food thread )
Raffle tickets will be sold at the door for a mere $5 each. This get's you a chance at winning any of the prizes on the list below! You can buy tickets throughout the day (all the way up until we draw that lucky ticket for the tank). You have to attend the event to win, but you don't have to stay to hear your number. We will notify anyone who has already left if they win.

An Evite will follow with more details, so if you aren't on the distribution list be sure to contact us and we will fix that problem. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Here is a sneak peak at what we have slated for raffle:
  • IAP - 120 gallon black back, bent corner reef ready tank with Stealth overflow.
  • Reef Frontiers - Needle wheel skimmer from the workshop. It a 8 inch tube unit with a OC needle wheel pump on it.
  • Calcium reactor rated for up to a 300 gallon reef (six inch tube)
  • Aquatic Dreams - Aqua C remora skimmer
  • Reeftopia - $125 gift certificate + some mugs & shirts
  • Saltwater City - 3 individual bali sps colonies worth $75 each.
  • Clams Direct - 3 $ 50.00 gift certificates
  • Reefer Madness - $50.00 gift certificate
  • Drs. Foster & Smith - $25 Gift Certificate
  • Frag Farmers - 3 $20 gift certificates
  • Coral Realm - 6 memberships
  • My Reef Creations - 2 $50 gift certs
  • Aquatic Dreams - 2 Current moonlight Led set ups
  • 1390 Ehiem Liberty PH
  • 10' fragging forceps
  • fragging shears
  • Turbo twist 18W UV sterilizer
  • 12 containers of Zooplankton
  • Brineshrimpdirect.com "care" package
  • 2 $25.00 bottle of pods
  • Piscine Energetics - Will send frozen mysis in March if we remind them
  • ocean fresh coral food
  • 2 2oz Omega One veggies
  • Damselfishes of the World
  • The most beautiful aquariums in the world book
  • 2 copies ea of Scott Michael's "Reef Fishes", "Basseletts, Dottybacks, and Hawkfish", and "Angelfish and Butterflyfish"
  • 12 copies of "Reef Notes - Vol. 1"
  • 12 copies of "Reef Notes - Vol. 4
  • 32 bottles of Purple UP corraline accellerator
  • 1 bag of Crystal Sea Marinemix Salt (50 gal)
  • 2 200 gallon Oceanic salt buckets
  • Oceanic - 20 5 gallon salt mix packets
  • Rowa - 2 RowaPhos 100 mL packs
  • 1 RowaPhos 250 mL pack
  • 1 RowaPhos 1000 mL pack
  • 250ml Reef Complete
  • 250ml Reef Carbonate
  • 250ml Reef Plus
  • 250ml Reef Iodine
  • 250ml Reef Strontium
  • 250 ml Reef Calcium
  • 250g Reef Buffer
  • 300g Reef Builder
  • 250g Reef Advantage Calcium
  • Warner Marine - a few additive kits, basically a sampling of all of their additives.
  • 2 Instant ocean handbooks
  • 2 seawater manuals
  • 1 seatest hydrometer
  • 1 Millennium 200 wet/dry multifilter
  • Polaris 2 canister filter
  • 9W Compact Flourecent light w/ 10K bulb
  • Several Test Kits
  • 2 Customflo plumbing kits
  • 1 48" undergravel Filter
  • Calcium Test Kit
  • Nitrite/Nitrate Test Kit
  • PH & Alk Test Kit
  • 1 pair of Oscellaris from our very own uwscotch (Aaron)
  • 1 pair of Clarkii Clownfishes from our freind Ilham (Elmo18)
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!!!!
  • IAP
  • Reef Frontiers
  • Reefantasea
  • Aquatic Dreams
  • Reeftopia
  • Saltwater City
  • Clams Direct
  • Reefer Madness
  • Drs. Foster & Smith
  • Frag Farmers
  • Coral Realm
  • Energy Savers Unlimited, Inc.
  • Aquaculture Tech, Inc
  • Perfecto Manufacturing
  • Pentair Aquatics
  • Caribsea
  • TFC Publications
  • Seachem
  • Oceanic
  • Two Little Fishies
  • Marine Enterprises International
  • Aquarium Systems
  • Brineshrimpdirect.com
  • Piscine Energetics
  • Essentail Live Foods
  • Premium Aquatics
  • RowaUSA
  • Ocean Reef Aquatics
  • Warner Marine
  • Aaron (uwscotch)
  • Ilham (Elmo18)
Be sure to show your support by shopping with them.

Last edited:
Hey Reed

I will donate a pair of Oscellaris. Maybe a couple of other things if that is OK

Aaron

Aaron It would be better if you printed out a gift cerficate and they could pick them up from you in case any problems arise with the winner.

reedman directed me here. Good chance me and Shandra (my GF) will attend.
I would really like to meet some of the local people in the hobby.
I am always finding my self involved in hobbies where noone i know is in to -frown-.

Is there a actual "club" or is this more of a local band of people who pretty much just hang out from time to time?

What i am asking is
Are there dues?
Are there set meeting dates?

Sorry, just trying to get a feel for what is going on.

erik

It is a club - we meet monthly. there are dues, $20/year. Meetings are often at Bellevue Community College or Mercer Island Community Center. Great meetings - Anthony Calfo spoke at he last meeting, Barry Nugent (Clamsdirect) at the prior.

We'll look forward to seeing you!

jesse

welcome we always need new people. This will be a great meeting and more of our sponsors keep giving us stuff to raffle off. we will have a great time and stare at mike 1000+ gallon system.

membership

Hello,

I'm new to the hobby and got my 46 gal bowfront up and running and was trying to obtain info as to how to join your club and where do i pay my dues? I am really interested in meeting others and gaining knowlege for the more experienced.

Lee

Hi Lee,

This is a great time to get involved with the club. We are having the picnic, as you can see, and you can join then (at the event). If you can't make the event you can either PM Brad (bradreef), who is the membership chair this year, or myself and we'll get you all setup with the info you need.

-Reed

Just like Aaron mentioned above, I would like to donate a pair of Clarkii Clownfishes.

Let me know if that will work.

Thanks,
Ilham

Folks, you have got to make it out to this one! Tons of great raffle items, good food, good conversation and Mike's tank to drool over. If you haven't seen it, or his place on the lake, you're in for a treat. :)

Thanks to Reef Frontiers, AIP and all the vendors and our sponsors who've contributed to this event.

If the weather is nice like today was I will be jumping in the lake. First sunburn of the year.

Well I should be able to make it! I am pretty excited about that too. A good time will be had for sure.

Ohh man ohh man !!
I wanna go really really bad no joke :eek2:
I'm gonna try to make my husband go with me, but could you give us some directions how to get there please.
Thank you

Ok everyone I have been hovering around this board for a month now and I would really like to get to the picnic! I have not yet become a member but I will for such a party! Are Kids welcome?

My wife lived on the lake for most of her life until she married me and then her dad sold the house it would be good for her to get that lake feeling again.

Please put me on the list and I will definately make it! Thanks guys!

Eric Bruce

Oh man! Why does this have to be the same day as the Fremont Parade? Dunno how on earth I'm going to convince my sweetie to do this.... or run from one to the other... :eek:

Worst comes to worst is there any way to get raffle tickets if I can't show up?

While I'm at it, does anyone know where I can get fire extinguishers checked for free? I'm already having to bail on that event (only chance this year) to even get off Vashon that day.

Heidi

Back