Just joined. Newbie with used 240 gallon.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TangDr

Hi,

I finally got around to joining up. I picked up a used 240 gallon 8x2x2 with a bunch of old used equipment a couple years ago that I am using. The mixed-reef tank has been running for a year now and it has been a learning experience!

My login is TangDr because I really like tangs, but they are ich magnets! I have a Purple, Yellow, and Brown Tang in the 240.

A big thank you to all the people that take the time to help educate others in this hobby.

Peter

Welcome aboard. I hope you like it here. A bunch of friendly, knowledgeable people here.

Thanks, looks like there are a lot of people on this site from the great northwest. I'll have to look up North Sound Reefers on this site as I'm not familiar with that group.

The north sound reefers are just a group of people who mostly live in the north end, but not all. They get together ( at least they use too) once in awhile for coffee and talk reefing. They haven't been too active here lately.

The north sound reefers are just a group of people who mostly live in the north end, but not all. They get together ( at least they use too) once in awhile for coffee and talk reefing. They haven't been too active here lately.

Good to know. I'll keep an eye out for a get together if they start up again.

Welcome!!! Hope to see some pics soon of the tank. I wish i could have a tank that size but there is no room in my house for one.

Yeah, welcome to RF. We definitely will look forward to pics.

Agreen North Sound Reefers are not really active, however the Puget Sound Aquarium Society is. They have monthly meetings of one sort or another. Next month it is the Bob Moore Frag Swap. Everyone will be there. Its is a great time and you will meet a lot of great people.

I Will probably run into you one day at Red C. I get by there every now and then. I'm due actually!

Tank setup picture to get started:

11840121624_c35df4d706.jpg

Beautiful tank!

Thanks! It was a real reclamation project as it was just let go by the previous owner. It was a lot of work getting most of the used stuff cleaned, figured out and working, but worth it. A learning experience as expected.

Nice!! I love the aquascaping.

Thank you, I still like it as well. I wanted a lot of overhangs for the fish, but if I was doing it again I would have a little more tiering to locate corals on. Also, it is a mix of marco and pukani which I like, but I would might try all Pukani if there is a next time. Soak the Pukani first as there was lots of crud in it.

nice tank! I like the 8' dimension. Gives a better visual impact.

Is this going to be a fish-only or a reef?

Back