just shoowing off

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice fire Echinata

this is what i'm waiting for longtime finally i got it ,,just goona watch it grow
Ice fire echinata:D
icrfireforpost.jpg

Wow, that rainbow acro is starting to look nice. Kinda looks similar to pink mille, but nicer. Very nice color.

sloooooow growers!

i knew,:D,maybe because of me i decided to move it to 4 different spots in the tank for the since first 5 week when i got it from atl,,,throught i loose it,,,
but Oum said,,, live or die it 'going to be the last time i moved it,,that whart she said:D,,,it alive:D

thanks Tom,,how your new 120 doing,,,

Still figuring out what needs to be done before I drain the 55, move it, slide the 120 in, connect the plumbing, etc. It's a pretty big task. I've got a bunch of Marco rock that's been curing in a trash can a few months with some sand and some live rock seed. I want to drill that and use acrylic rod to make columns. I've already got the drill bit, acrylic and Weld On. Just need to motivate myself.

Last weekend I drilled 2 holes in my 55's sump and attached the base of the drain plumbing. I'm setting up the plumbing to make water changes really easy with use of unions and ball valves. No more buckets.

Still figuring out what needs to be done before I drain the 55, move it, slide the 120 in, connect the plumbing, etc. It's a pretty big task. I've got a bunch of Marco rock that's been curing in a trash can a few months with some sand and some live rock seed. I want to drill that and use acrylic rod to make columns. I've already got the drill bit, acrylic and Weld On. Just need to motivate myself.,,,,
just think about more nice coral you will get,,that help:D

Last weekend I drilled 2 holes in my 55's sump and attached the base of the drain plumbing. I'm setting up the plumbing to make water changes really easy with use of unions and ball valves. No more buckets.
that the good idea i like it,,,:)

Hi guys

Tom, long time no see. So you're getting a new tank, hmm? That's cool. Dang, I know you are too. ;)

I'm totally with you on the "facilitated water change" idea. I am so over dragging brute trash cans around!

Hi guys

Tom, long time no see. So you're getting a new tank, hmm? That's cool. Dang, I know you are too. ;)

I'm totally with you on the "facilitated water change" idea. I am so over dragging brute trash cans around!

Well, I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much, but since you asked: I bought a 120 glass with 2 drilled overflows around last February. Came with nice wood stand and a glass aquarium for a sump (which I don't need, it's around 35g I think). My current 55 is packed full of corals and fish. Dang keeps offering me corals and I keep having to turn him down :(. On the bright side, my current tank is very healthy, no fish have died in months, corals doing great despite me taking a vacation in Mexico for 8 days last month. Though my rose mille did get knocked over onto my purple rimmed green monti and killed the monti last week. Mille is fine.

Sump plumbing I'm pretty proud of (assuming it works). Return pump has a tee which directs water through a ball valve. This ball valve is normally closed, but for water changes it's open. Beyond this ball valve is a union. I can attach a long hose to that union and pump water directly from the sump into a drain or other tank for water changes. I can then detach the union, close the ball valve and attach the same union to overflow plumbing, and the other end to my newly mixed saltwater can, and pump water directly into the sump. No more buckets :). I could just leave the hose attached to the same union for refilling with new saltwater, but that would prevent the return pump from being on at the same time. Refilling via the drain plumbing will allow me to have the return pump on and refill at same time.

I'm using the same sump, skimmer and lights that are on my 55, which are all overpowered/oversized for a 55. I am upgrading the MH reflectors from Reef Optix to Lumen Brites, though. I already built a canopy for these lights.

Like I said, I just need to drill the rocks I got and setup columns using acrylic rod. I think I've got too much rock, will maybe need to sell some zoanthid infested rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back