just shoowing off

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much, but since you asked: I bought a 120 glass with 2 drilled overflows around last February. Came with nice wood stand and a glass aquarium for a sump (which I don't need, it's around 35g I think). My current 55 is packed full of corals and fish. Dang keeps offering me corals and I keep having to turn him down :(. On the bright side, my current tank is very healthy, no fish have died in months, corals doing great despite me taking a vacation in Mexico for 8 days last month. Though my rose mille did get knocked over onto my purple rimmed green monti and killed the monti last week. Mille is fine.

Sump plumbing I'm pretty proud of (assuming it works). Return pump has a tee which directs water through a ball valve. This ball valve is normally closed, but for water changes it's open. Beyond this ball valve is a union. I can attach a long hose to that union and pump water directly from the sump into a drain or other tank for water changes. I can then detach the union, close the ball valve and attach the same union to overflow plumbing, and the other end to my newly mixed saltwater can, and pump water directly into the sump. No more buckets :). I could just leave the hose attached to the same union for refilling with new saltwater, but that would prevent the return pump from being on at the same time. Refilling via the drain plumbing will allow me to have the return pump on and refill at same time.

I'm using the same sump, skimmer and lights that are on my 55, which are all overpowered/oversized for a 55. I am upgrading the MH reflectors from Reef Optix to Lumen Brites, though. I already built a canopy for these lights.

Like I said, I just need to drill the rocks I got and setup columns using acrylic rod. I think I've got too much rock, will maybe need to sell some zoanthid infested rock.

you'll be soon up any running,,,cheer!!!!!:) keep me post it

Go with a 360 Dang, the extra 6 inches of width would be really nice for you.
i love to 360,but custom built will cost me so much and hassle dealing with the builder like happened with many of the member in tha past,,,but nothing final yet justthe idea rough planing any way.
thanks for advise though:D

i love to 360,but custom built will cost me so much and hassle dealing with the builder like happened with many of the member in tha past,,,but nothing final yet justthe idea rough planing any way.
thanks for advise though:D

It was just a thought. Are you going to have the tank built by Bull Valley in Calgary? I have not heard how he is doing these days????

Actually Dang, it is Bow Valley in Calgary. Ever remember hearing anything about a guy by the name of Mitch? I am sure if you do a search on RC, you can get all the info you ever needed. He treated me well, but there will be some dissenting opinions.:D:D:D

Actually Dang, it is Bow Valley in Calgary. Ever remember hearing anything about a guy by the name of Mitch? I am sure if you do a search on RC, you can get all the info you ever needed. He treated me well, but there will be some dissenting opinions.:D:D:D

He's the one who pretty much screwed Brett(BCT182) over.
I wouldn't take a chance with him Dang.

Just wanted to say thanks to Dang for the more than fair pricing on a red monti setosa frag and a titanium lokani frag. You the man! Tank looks awesome:)

Just wanted to say thanks to Dang for the more than fair pricing on a red monti setosa frag and a titanium lokani frag. You the man! Tank looks awesome:)

I got exact the same stuffs from Dang a while ago and they are now growing good. Thanks again, Dang. Gotta go back to see your tank.

Red milli from two different places
this one from ATL,,
ATLmilli.jpg

and this one from Tod Mosess,baby sitting till he's back on again,enjoy
TMmilli.jpg

:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back