Just switched to LEDs.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BARRON

I just got my first set of LEDs. They are the hydra fifty twos and I'm only running them at 30% with an acclimation ramp to 55% over 2 months. After 1 day I can't believe the PE on my birds nests and how well my zoas are doing.
rese6ybu.jpg

5enesaha.jpg
puze5e4e.jpg

I went from 3 150w MH and 8 T5s that where 6" from the top of the water. What does everyone think of my light acclimation plan? Corals seem to be doing well but I'm hoping it isn't too much light to start off with.

Just keep a close eye on your corals over the next couple weeks for any bleaching. I think your acclimation plan is solid. Are you liking how it looks compared to your MH and T5's?

Yes, colors pop way more, kinda looks weak at 30% but I know I have to give everything time to get used to it.
Here's a acro I got from barrier reef, I can't believe how bright it is
dy4e9e6a.jpg

got some better pics of everything. cant believe how well the corals are doing, first time ive seen PE from an acro in my tank.

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

Are you running any optics on the LED's! Seems like you've got it right on your acclimation plan.

Whatever they came with, I think 90 degrees I might raise them a bit higher to get the dockworker in back, it goes up pretty high and aren't getting much light, other than that coverage is pretty good.

Back