just to let people see what my tank looks like for now.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

soyadrink

so this is my 20L. Nothing really interesting but I thought people should know anyway.

first come the FTS. I mainly have frags at the moment so you cant really see anything.
00141.jpg

here are a few pics of my two clowns that have started to host in the frogspawn. Today for the first time I went to clean some algae when the black one attacked:evil:
00139.jpg

00137.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg

and finaly a picture of the growth of my stylo frag I got at the last frag swap. no polyps out as I took the pics after I cleaned up a little. just so you know, the frag was completely round with no branching at all when I got it.
00138.jpg

oh yeah, have some sad news too, my yashia goby went air diving:cry:

Nice clowns. Yeah, one of my Clarkiis attacks me everytime I put my hand in the tank. And he bites HARD, too. Protecting his anenome, I guess. :rolleyes:

I have the same problem with my maroon, even if I'm not around her anemone, she gets mad and head butts my hand.

Hi Nelson,

I have two of these and they don't seem to accept foods that I introduce, with the possible exception of live baby brine. With a tank your size, you either need a very healthy pod population to feed it, or hope that he will eat live brine. They are very easy to hatch out and it only takes 1-2 days to hatch them.

By the way, do you see him picking at the sandbed or rocks? If you do, he's eating.

I dont know, I'm a little worried about the pipe! another problem i have is that my mj 1200 keeps falling and the tanks doesnt get the proper flow which makes slime algae spread like crazy!

Looks like you are using a remora skimmer. Do you mind sharing which one? I am thinking about getting the remora nano for my 14g biocube

Does it skim wet? I've heard of people using the standard remora on their nanos, but I wasn't sure how well they work out..........just curious which one you think might be best on my 14g

Sorry, I dont know too much about skimmers. I've heard a lot of good from the AquaC but For some reason mine wont work properly. I'll have to check. maybe I just need to clean the pump

The remoras work well. They pull very wet. The only problem is that they require frequent (once a month) cleaning of the injector. I have both the nano (on 20H) and regular (on 80) HOT versions and they both do a good job.

Sorry, I dont know too much about skimmers. I've heard a lot of good from the AquaC but For some reason mine wont work properly. I'll have to check. maybe I just need to clean the pump

Take a flashlight and shine it through the back of the skimmer while it’s running and look for bubbles passing by the chamber wall... I noticed on my first one that it wasn’t sealed completely and that a constant stream of bubbles was passing by that wall- witch effected the pressure a lot! I emailed Aqua C some pictures and they sent me a new one that day- they have good customer service!

My new skimmer works GREAT :)

Back