Kannin's 225 w/ artificial rock wall & pillars

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

And, here are the frags the Snowboarda42 brought over last Monday...

100_1736.jpg

100_1735.jpg

100_1737.jpg

If you want names of them... you'll have to ask him... I can't get the hang of sps names. My other tank is full of lps with names like torch and hammer.

I put 3 very alive rocks from my other refugium in the tank to seed it with pods, feather dusters and other worms.

100_1727.jpg

tdgates... I looked at your thread... very nice. I want some of those Evansi anthias so bad. I've never seen them except on line.

Thank you!
Out of all my Anthias they are the most shy, but they are amzing looking fish. Really bright and colorful! You should get a nice little harem in your tank...you have the room. Your yellow tangs might not be so friendly with anthias though?? But like I said earlier, love the tank and great job! :)

I am floored... this tank is amazing, but that has already been said. I might have to copy this approach on my upgrade someday! Thanks for sharring Kannin.

Thank you... I'm really looking forward to the day it is covered in coraline. I think that will be the final piece of the puzzle when it comes to realism.

This might be one of the coolest things I have ever seen done. I am totally ripping off your idea. How much do those cans of foam and hardner cost? Do you think this would work if the rock is damp? I have alot of LR and would love to do this!

Very nice. Looks far more realistic than an arogcrete back wall I built last summer. Mine is cool but yours is ten times better. Now I know what Im going to use for one of my overflows on my new 210 as it gets built. Thanks for posting the details

Definately will have to bite your style on the next set-up. I thought of using that great stuff product to combine some rocks together but did'nt know if it would be harmful to the aquarium. Your tank looks awsome!!!

How much do those cans of foam and hardner cost? Do you think this would work if the rock is damp? !

Great stuff runs from $6-9 a can. IME the stuff is dangerously sticky. I try to sway most people away from it for household projects due to its messy "hard to clean up mistakes" properties. Just a tiny dab will swell to about four times its size as its curing and if you get it into your clothes they are ruined for sure. It will probably stick to damp LR but the rock will definately dry out before you can submerge everything in water. If anyone wants to skip the epoxy and sand phase there is a black spray foam for ponds and waterfalls that runs about $15 a can. That is what I was planning to use on an overflow but this is a much nicer look.

Sorry to steal your thread but IMO your wall is so cool everyone will want one, and that all the helpful info should be posted.

Im not too sure about that epoxy. Ill look forward to a response of its cost and ease of use. Maybe some details on the application?

use to be

Kannin, glad to see the tank worked out for you. It looks great and looks like you put alot of hard work into it. A big change from what it use to be, but a good one. Glad you got to use the closed loop... Now you just need to hang the light and you'll be there.. :)

Where are your closed loop intake located at? Don't see them you must of hid them nicely in the rock work huh?

Back