Karen's 205 gallon Continuous Overflow Box (COFB)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kknight

It is a custom acrylic tank by Clear Fabrications
72x30x22 with a bean overflow
Steel stand by NW local (pnkrcklives)
2 VorTech MP40
Reef ocopus skimmer
ehiem 1262
100 gallon custom sump by NW local (wannareef)
3 Radion leds gen 1
Reefkeeper light
finnex titanium heater with temp probe
Custom light stand by NW local (Culp686)

The tank needs to be moved one more time so the shrink wrap is still on. I get points for not taking it off LOL

The the tank will plumbed into the garage for easy water changes YAY

We had a few snags getting this set up but were on the way. Hopefully it will get plumbed this weekend :clap2:

A big thank you to the local very talented people that are helping us set this up :humble: because we have no clue what we are doing :frusty LOL

Thanks for looking :)

That looks amazing ! Jason did the plumbing in the tank and friends from my area will plum to the sump. He has done a few so I'm in good hands. I think they are just as excited as we are LOL

sweet, just make sure you have plenty of gate valves to turn water off if needed.

You defiantly get points for leaving the shrink wrap. What a temptation. Looking good Karen yes we are almost as excited as you are.

Meaning, sump,was made by Jason? If so then u have a great build.. after 7 yrs, I still love my tank and sump from him.

Is the continuous overflow a reference to the overflow design itself, (like a coast to coast/end to end design) or am I missing something?

Is the continuous overflow a reference to the overflow design itself, (like a coast to coast/end to end design) or am I missing something?

Yes end to end and top to bottom.
On CFI Jason has some really good pictures of the back plumbing

Got to take the shrink wrap off :clap2:

Plumbing done

Leak test of the sump and back chamber. Mike the very talented plumbing expert, making sure all is good.

We just need to shore up under the house and get more info on if all the weight is or isn't going to crack the tile
Make lots of water , add sand , rock . Transfer everything over, then enjoy !

Looking great, I think this tank will make the hobby a lot more enjoyable for you. Planing the whole thing out knowing more. Can't wait to watch you run out of room in this tank too, lol.

Back