kent Carbon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I do not have any preconceptions about the claimed Zeovit remarks, as you are the only one to mention or ever bring it up and I never seen or heard of such remarks. I just took your word on their claims and stated, well, that is a line of BS. It is even funnier once you think about the Zevoit claim, because Zeovit systems are a run on a nutrient poor environment system theme. You also seemed to worried about Capacity vs. Activity issue, which is really not an issue in this hobby. The only issue to worry about is *maybe using to much if little was used before. There are lots of people that have used med grade carbon and dove right into using ROX with no issues. To the point where they were amazed the next day on how clear the water was, almost as if they were running ozone system for months.

So Boomer, is the filter guys better than Matrix or Warner to run thru a canister filter setup in your opinion? Looking to go with purigen and high grade carbon as I have used chemipure and liked it but not sure of the carbon in it. Felt it best to use independant bags on my own.

Last edited:
They are about equal is my guess without some serious tests or a full look at the assay sheets, which I can't get as I do not know exactly what model # of GAC they are. The would have to tell me and that is to going happen. If you want really clean GAC or are worried about ozone by-products or chlorine then the tfg. If you want a GAC where there is better fluid dynamics then the Matrix. In a reef tank the Warner will more than likely remove more organic contaminants. Any of them are very good GAC's

Don, got the Filterguys GAC in record time (no credit for cheaper shipping though)

You were not kidding that it works great! Had to turn down the flow due to the tini particle size, but WOW! Water is crystal clear, "more clearer" :pthan ever before, so bright I need shades:cool:

Thanks again Don and Boomer for the always excellent advice!
cheeky-smiley-005.gif

Ditto on the "THank you" from me as well. I always like to learn new, juicy stuff. I also ordered some GAC from TheFilterGuys and will be using a mixture of half of that and half of the over-priced KZ carbon. :lol:

Good, I'm glad its working out for you. I'll give my opinion of the rox as soon as I use up what I have but as it stands tfg is cleaner and IMO thats a big plus from a lazy mans perspective and reason enough to switch back.

Don

Don, Have you ever used Matrix (seachem) carbon? How do you compare it to TFG's if you have. I could not find the Warner Marine for sale anywhere even online so I spoke to Mr Warner via phone about where to get it. He was not sure said to just keep checking around, and said he would send me some to try. It's been almost a couple of weeks and I have not recd any from him. Dont know if he forgot and I dont want to be a pest for a free sample, but really did want to try his product. He is located only about 30 miles from me so I was hoping I could go get some but he said would send some out so I will wait. Have you by chance ever used the Warner Marine Carbon?

Matrix and WM both work fine. I think the rox clears a tank the quickest of all that Ive tried but only tfg come clean and ready to go.

Don

Well, guys gald to have hepled. I think when we can get more guys/gals to use Jim's carbon they will all see how good it really is.

Herefishyfishy

"more clearer"

You can see what a really good GAC can do vs a crap GAC.

My next order from Jim, I'll load up on carbon also, sounds like it will serve the purposes I need well!;)

ordered the Rox 0.8 premium carbon and am using it now works great! =) thanks for the advice donw cleared the tank within hours and also everything seems to be alot more out most likly due to light penetration now seems brighter down at the sand level also =)

A+++ for this stuff only downside would be having to clean it but its really a great buy spent $38 for a 3lb bucket shipped will last me a long time =)

Back