kill the crab!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lol...He is still laughing at me. I haven't had much time the last few days to get in there. I like the divide and conquer method. However, I have so many corals in there it really makes it hard to move the rock around and not squish things. I will definitely give it a try though! It will have to be on Friday though when things settle down again.

We will be looking forward to a play by play Sat. morn.
Did everyone hear he's going back in Fri niteYaaaaa.
I think we should start a pool.
Does the crab die on Fri nite?
Does NTswift get hammered Fri nite?
Does the crab see the lights come on Sat morn?

Im going with 2 and 3

LOL

Just to add a little fuel to the fire. I have a bad hair algae problem in my 180G. Part of my CUC includes a small Sea Hare and a Sally Light foot who is also small. I bought a second Sea Hare today to assist the first with eating all my algae. After about 5-6 hours the lights turned out for the night in the tank. At about 9pm tonight I noticed that my Sally Light foot had grabbed my new Sea Hare in its claws and ran off with it. I am going to assume the Sea hare is a goner. My other is still alive. I hope that the Sea Hare the Sally Light Foot grabbed doesn't release any dye into the water. I don't have much chemical media remover on hand!!!

This is one of the funniest and best threads ever. I have used the divide and conquer system to catch a a clown. It was still amazing that with nothing in half the tank he was still finding places to hide and and it still took an hour to catch him. My thought is with this crab that you will divide the tank and you will move the rock work and part way through the process he will firgure out what you are doing and he will attach himself to the backside of a rock and you wont see him and you will move him to the quarantined side and you then wont find him and you think you are dealing with a supernatural crab. He may then cause you to start doubting your sanity and then may want to start a COWLR tank and move the fish. LOL

COWLR tank and move the fish.

lol....I like your thinking! Anybody got another 265 gal for sale?! :)
I'm betting on 2 and 3 as well....However I am going to give the divide and conquer a shot and then use the boiling water to make it worth my while! :heh: :boink:

Hey NTswift,
Just a reminder to have an extra turkey baster on hand so when Crabzilla snatches the first one out of your hand and smacksyou sober with it you have a back up!!!
LOL Good luck!

PS got your First Aid Kit near by?

Go buy the longest sharp sewing machine needle you can find. Stick it in the end of a small wooden or acrylic dowel. Scewer the thing. The needle will pierce his shell much easier than any knife. Every reef keeper should have one of these diy mini harpoons handy.

Don

I think the turkey baster is alot safer. For NTswift. if crabzilla got that scewer off him he could lose an eye

I can't believe you are still trying to catch this guy!! That's crazy!! It's a good thing you have some patience!! Honestly, if it were in my tank, he would be out that same day! I would rip every single rock out of the tank and put them in holding containers till I got him!

Good luck dude!! See if you can get him before this thread hits 100 posts! :p

Squirt some hot boiling water in his face and he will either go bellyup or crawl out in the middle of the night and hunt you down :)

Same here Kirsh, I would have tore down the whole tank, in a second. Although I'm kinda glad NTswift did not. This is very entertaining.
I cant belive we have got to 5 pages. I have a couple of build threads that didnt get that far.

Lol! Yea, it's crazy! Who needs cable tv :lol:

Same here Kirsh, I would have tore down the whole tank, in a second. Although I'm kinda glad NTswift did not. This is very entertaining.
I cant belive we have got to 5 pages. I have a couple of build threads that didnt get that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol....I cant believe i still dont have him! I did tear my tank apart however I dont have the holding tanks for all my corals. This may be my next step though! I am going to try the hot water and maybe have the harpoon on an acrylic rod on the side just in case things get out of hand! I was thinking of making one with a rubber band, kind of like a spearfishing spear but, i dont need to crack the bottom of my tank again. It sucks because all of my rocks are ginormous so I cant just scoot them all to one side I may wind up breaking some of them apart and making smaller ones if need be to get them stored in a holding tank for an hour/day/week while i kill this pig. We will see....

I'll let my wife cook him some fish for dinner. That should poison him. :shock: :lol:

Good luck dude!! You have 21 posts after this one before you hit 100!! We want this guy caught before then :p

OK Its lights out!!!! Break that seal.
DDDUUUUUUNNNAAA. DDDDDUUUUUNNNAA DDDUUUNNA DDUUNNA DDUUNNA DUNA DUNA DUNA DUNA.
GOOOOO GET HIM MAN!!!!!

Back