Koralia Issues

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mopar Reefer

I need a cheaper hobby!
So tonight my power surged off/on for 2hrs, and I wake up to the sound of my K3/4's clicking. I unplug/plug them in and it still makes the same sound. The impellar is surging back and forth on the rod. I have had this happend before and usually a good tap on the side will do the trick but not this time.

I tried cutting a piece of airline tubing and inserting it on the rod to keep it from surging but to no avail. Anybody ever had this happen? Ideas and/or thoughts?

should be able to give it a jump start... till the magnet figures it self out..

try unpluging it, cleaning it, and starting it ageain.

I got out to top ya tho... every once and awhile when i turn my tunze's off and plug them back in the one will run backwards.

Both of them are doing it?

Do you still have that 1 K4 as a back up? Does it do it too?

They are to jump up if I remember right. Once they jump they start spinning.

Tried that too bro, even switched K3 impellars with K4 and visa versa but no luck so now I have a batch of 6 koralias that do not work, bum deal.

Both of them are doing it?

Do you still have that 1 K4 as a back up? Does it do it too?

They are to jump up if I remember right. Once they jump they start spinning.

Both of the ones I got from you are doing it too, this is why I am soo confused. The do spin but sometimes backwards, weird.

I know this might sound weird but have you plugged them into another outlet in the house? Maybe something on the other side of the house...?

If you have 6 that just pop up it sounds more like a power issue not a Koralia issue

Took the advice and tried an outlet in the bathroom and all of them work like a champ! ;) The power has been off/on in my living room (fish room) for a day now. Corals are a little ticked but hopefully the apt complex can get it figured out being it is only in my building. If it isn't fixed by the weekend end then look for a massive fire sale on fish/corals come sunday. Thanks for the advice guys.

OOO brutal, Well you are haveing a bad month, first your car now your tank..?!?!
Man watch out, bad things come in threes

It seems that way uh? The third thing already happend, I changed jobs this past monday. BTW car was a total loss per the insurance, that counts as the 4th thing. I really liked that car too.

Oh so you should be good and in the clear

Sorry bout the car..
But good news about the K-4's and stuff..HUH
I knew there was NO WAY that all 6 pumps would go out at once.

you should have an option to keep the car. they will pay you for the value of the car before the wreck, and you pay them for the value after the wreck, what they would get at an auction for it... if you fix it yourself it might not be tooooo pricey...

Back