kpiotrowski's 300DD

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

used a $20 ryobi buffer from that "home" store. have buffed out tanks before and would recomend as good as orbital buffer as you can get, but for this "one time" application the $20 buffer did the trick. also I started out with 1800 grit paper... asn 2400 on some minor scratches....was all I needed for the depth of my scratches and would also recomend starting out with the least coarse grit as possible.

rockscape is done. Here is my vision on what I hope to be happy with for a long time. tons of caves and swim-through's for fish of all differnt sizes...pleantly of escapes, and homes. a light sand bed will be added to the front only.

how about those monster flow eductors that are hiding in the rockwork!!! ( see previous pics for rockscape)

Last edited:
how about those monster flow eductors that are hiding in the rockwork!!! ( see previous pics for rockscape)

I thought you were gonna scratch the whole fish thing and keep elephants!! You cant see them when the rocks are in though nice job!
And I like the rock scape.

I just watched most of the vid I like the way that the flow is coming out of the rock work on the back 2

Really nice:) You should hook up a temp. air supply so you can see the different flows as it changes.......may help remove any dead spots.

It is shaping up quite nice Kevin.
Are you going to add an island to the front section?
How soon before you have fish swimming in there?

It is shaping up quite nice Kevin.
Are you going to add an island to the front section?
How soon before you have fish swimming in there?

I have about a three inch thick by 12 by 20 flat Rock I may use for an island in the center area in the future, I hope to be adding fish slowly within a week using bacteria in a bottle product of some kind.

Dave, r u cutting a whole in the wall to view on the "house" side? What r the potential fail points of the ocean motion? Do you have a fish list yet?

Dave,

What up buddy?

I'm here in my little corner of the word in Bothell watching my angels swim around my tank.

However, my QT tank is just as interesting...

Have a pair of bonded red mandarins and 3 Golden Butterflies (the third one is coming on Saturday), and Scribbled angel.

Need to make a road trip up and see the place bud.

:D

Dave,

What up buddy?

I'm here in my little corner of the word in Bothell watching my angels swim around my tank.

However, my QT tank is just as interesting...

Have a pair of bonded red mandarins and 3 Golden Butterflies (the third one is coming on Saturday), and Scribbled angel.

Need to make a road trip up and see the place bud.

:D

LOL Kirk,
I thought, you thought, You were posting on my build thread.
Maybe you just got your names jumbled up.
I will plan a road trip to see your new pets soon, I will drag Kevin with me.
I watched your video of the new additions, they are beautiful.

Back to Kevins thread. It wont be long now.
BTW as usual the pics dont do the tank justice.

Back