kpiotrowski's 300DD

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Really looks nice that DT will hold a boat load of corals! Enjoyed your close loop video you will have fun with high flow:)

Really looks nice that DT will hold a boat load of corals! Enjoyed your close loop video you will have fun with high flow:)

thanks. not sure about having high flow. but random it is. the 2000gph return blows everything out from behind the rocks and I'm really happy about that! and the CL with the ocean motions just gives me some random flow. will have to see once I start placing coral how "high" the flow is in various places. I'm really enjoying how dead silent this tank is with the the equiptment in the garage, so If i'm short on flow in any area I doub't I will be adding any noise makers lol.

hey Kevin. we all need to see new pictures. by the way the tank looks sweet. so have you transferred all the coral over yet. come on guy. i need to see pictures of your tank with coral in it. i know. your a buzy guy. okay i will settle for one picture. lol i will let all the other people bug you for the other pictures

Sure is nice seeing a system where the fish have so much room, gives a hole different look to there swimming:)

yes, sorry. family visting but here is a quick video of the corals....that didn't die. ( will post the "wall of shame" dead corals later). still working on cabinettes and canopy and fine tuning the gargage part of the build.

300 gallon coral reef tank first video - YouTube

I would like to see some shot of your garage.
Cant remember if I have seen it all cleaned up and running.
I take that back.. I have not yet seen it cleaned up YET. But I have seen both of those Monster Skimmers puking bubbles.
Eveybody knows what a fish looks like. Let us see what the build was really about. LOL

I must say Kevin you have surpassed my expectations on how you were going to get ALL of this STUFF to work!!!
This is an outstanding system. One that needs to be seen in person.

Kevin thanks for taking the time to work up this video. I think it is oober important to show people what you have done. This is NOT your typical SW build!!!!!

Can you believe that the majority of reefers pack all this crap under their tank in the livingroom!!!!

Nice, clean,organized, and well thought out!!!

Thanks again for the post.

This system is a must see LIVE IMO.

(by appointment only)

Kevin,

Holy @#@..that is alot going on there, but looks great....do you have a generator attached to this system???

Did you ever get the filters to your RO unit solved???

You the man!!!! Really nice with lot's of things to TINKER with and room to do it:)
Thanks for the video as Peppie said a must see!

Kevin,

Holy @#@..that is alot going on there, but looks great....do you have a generator attached to this system???

Did you ever get the filters to your RO unit solved???

lol, no, don't have a generator attached to the system.

Yes, they had a recall on the carbon block being too tightly wound, so air-water-ice sent me out a free replacement.

Good to hear on the filters. .pray you don't lose power

I think there is a missundertanding. you asked if I had a generator "attached" to the sytem. I took that literally. and no the system does not have its own generator attached to it.( no kitchen sink iether) (yet lol)

I would be a fool to have gone through the expense Ihave in this build to not have a generator, right! I bought a generator before I ever bought livestock in my first reeftank and have since upgraded to a 10,000 watt $1450 model that will pretty much run the whole house.....to the tune of 18 gallons of gas a day( and that sucks)....and I have a 3 day supply of gas on hand that I rotate through my truck to keep it fresh.

Back