kpiotrowski's 300DD

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ah..ok..that's good..u would be amazed. :-D

Oh, I hear you! I used to breed and sell various FW fish and would make a killing in the spring from people wanting to restock their tanks who lost their tanks during the power outages. In a few months there will be great deals on reef tank set-ups too! lol.:crazy:

Wow my eyes are getting sore looking through this amazing build from page one! Truly outstanding setup, hopefully I will get to see this here soon. I have to ask how you get your wifes approval.... My gf lives 3 hours away and I still get crap for new goodies in the tank and the "i dont understand this hobby and why everything costs so much"....

Stkef

I think most of us have heard this at one time or another..the key is keeping her happy (whatever that is)and let her know this hobby makes u happy

Well, I will share what I do.

For my wife, it is as simple as buying jigsaw puzzles to going to the spa to get a medi/pedi full treatment...

I'll keep that in mind. She is currently 5 months pregnant with my son so there are some wild hormones going on there, but Ive been trying to include her more in the hobby with picking out coral and fish and getting her opinion on the tank and all that. She enjoys looking around the tank just doesn't understand the enjoyment the tank brings as she doesn't live with me currently. Massage appointments here we come. Haha

well, my wife wants me to do things for her in the :bathbaby: and behind the :behindsofa: and on a :plane: and while we are :car:. Sometimes I feel like:yuk:...and sometimes i'm :jaw: and even leaves me :confused: , but she just :cheer2: and calls me :first: :bolt:

:yo:

hahahaha thats great kevin. Good usage of the emoticons... BTW this is an awesome setup!! Got to see it in person yesterday.

hey kevin. tank looks sweet. i will have to come see it in person when my leg is all healed up. still cant drive.

Sorry to hear about the algae problems are you running a refugium now? Or maybe a ATS? They won't clean out what's in your DT but in time will remove its food source.

Sorry to hear about the algae problems are you running a refugium now? Or maybe a ATS? They won't clean out what's in your DT but in time will remove its food source.

Sorry for not updating but as qouted her I've been slighty annoyed by cyano,ditoms,and hair algea but think I am on top of now.

fuge is maturing....system is maturing. upgraded my rodi to an 8 stage, and am feeding less blender mush.

because of not knowing this new tank well and wondering where it would stabilze etc, I have had no new additons. thats not too exciting to many of you....but is the smart thing to do.

spinner. when you say ats do you meen auto top-off system???? at 4-5 gallons of evaporation you don't think I'm haulin buckets, do ya? lol.

but of course you mean algea turf scrubber! and yes I was actually heading that way for a month or two but in the end decided I didn't want even more evaporation than the already 5 gallons a day.

currently, I have the first half of the 2nd sump running macros about a 36x15x14 area.

I need to get back over there and have a look see. it's been awhile.
If you didnt live so flippen far away!!!!

Sounds like your system is just finding its balance and ATS was Algae Turf Scrubber:) I have had great success using ATS and Refugiums to help keep my system's in balance.

Sounds like your system is just finding its balance and ATS was Algae Turf Scrubber:) I have had great success using ATS and Refugiums to help keep my system's in balance.

I may be finding my balance too lol. last tank was 140g with a 50g fuge. that alot of fuge for that size tank. my ORP would run in the very high 300's and low 400's without ozone! now opr hang around 300.

Good stuff:) Your tank is looking right on course, good job taking your time with the process. I like your flow too I see a plan coming together!!! Its nice to watch you tell how and why you are doing things a great learning tool for others also.

Thank you sir! and thanks for the encouragment and second opinion of the flow. I am really interested in what more experinced reefers think of it!

Back