Kris’ 390g Drop of Ocean

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Your tank looks great! I wish i could get a tank as big as yours.

And i love your leopard wrasse! Are they eating frozen food? Or do you just have a huge pod population?

Your tank looks great! I wish i could get a tank as big as yours.

And i love your leopard wrasse! Are they eating frozen food? Or do you just have a huge pod population?

They are eating frozen mysis :) but I am sure I also have a huge pod population.

New Equipment!

Got a new piece of equipment for the tank this week (this about doubled the cost of the tank set-up:eek::eek:)

Once hooked up this unit will run off of propane and should run most of the house during power outages. The best part is it will auto-start within seconds of the power going out.

Kris,

Congrats !!

You will love it...I love my 13,000 watt Guardian automatic standby generator which uses natural gas (but has an optional hookup to propane). It powers the majority of the house and all my tanks. In the 4yrs I have it, thankfully it has only turned on twice (once was when I was at work).

IMO, for people that have large tank (that is 200 gallons or larger), this piece of equipment needs to be included in the budget. Think of it as protecting an investment like insurance..When you need it, it is there to protect you.

<off my soapbox>
:D :D

How many K is that bad boy? How many circuits are you going to hook up to that? Looks awesome! Jason

It is 8.5KW. We are having an electrician install it and put in a new generator switch box (our current one only runs 6 circuits) the electrician said he upgraded the switch box, so not sure what we are getting. But all 3 curcuits for the tank will be powered, right now we only have one curcuit on the tank that runs off the generator.

It sure going to be nice not having to hook up the genny every time the power goes out! We see several power outages each year, get an extended period without power every few years and it seems we loose power almost every time I go on vacation! When we went to Hawaii in December, my son called before we even made it to the airport to tell us the power was out!

Kris,

Then you are going to love the autostandby feature...should start up within 2 seconds.

Some new (and old) inhabitants

Blue Spotted Jawfish-this guy is a total character, dashing out to grab a bite and scaring himself when he gets too far away from home-causing him to dash back to his hiding spot-he lives in one of the closed loop nozzles when it is not in use and then has another spot for when the nozzle is running

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CKris%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C06%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> <o>:p></o>:p>

<o></o>
<o></o>

Mural Goby

<o></o>

New addition: Labouti Fairy Wrasse<o></o>

<o>

</o> Lawnmower Blenny<o></o><o></o>

<o></o>

Carpenter Flasher Wrasse<o></o><o></o>

Kris,

where did you get the gonipora? I like the red with blue center color.

thanks

love the wrasses, I have a carpenter myself....had a beautiful purple and yellow lubbocki but he decided to go for a jump one day.....been debating whether or not to try another:)

jake,

doesnt sound like you have a canopy?? most deaths from fairy wrasses are self-inflicted (that is, jump to their death).

do you have any other fish that might have startled/threaten the wrasse??

actually I do have a canopy, the little guy jumped up and out thru a little 1/2" slot in the back where the cords go thru...:(

OMG, I had a goby that did that once.

I had a 90g tank that had the same opening in the back...out of eggcrate, i filled in the area that was open to prevent any more jumps...you might try this if you really like the wrasses.

just a suggestion..

Back