Krish's 10 gal Nano Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Well, back at it again challenging myself to keep the smallest tank I've kept yet. The tank is a standard all-glass 10 gal tank with a bit of a "Krish" touch to it. :D

(1) First attachment shows the tank, the white pvc board bottom that will be siliconed down, the blue acylic background that will be siliconed on the inside of the tank and the matching blue overflow wall.

(2) Shows how the overflow will be positioned in the tank.

(3) Shows the side shot.

So in a nut shell, I will be making the display area of the tank smaller than it actually is to hide all of the powerheads, skimmer etc out of sight. That section will be blacked out with some matt black vinyl. :)

Give me 2 seconds to upload a few more pics.

(1) Attachment one shows the bulkheads, lockline etc which I will install in the overflow wall. I will be installing 2 bulkheads each run by a maxijet 1200 (which I already have). I also have a koralia if I need the extra flow :p

(2) Shows the placement for the bulkheads. One will provide surface aggitation and the other for circulation.

(3) Shows where I will put the matt black vinyl. This will run straight around that side of the tank so you can't see in. I should have the vinly tomorrow.

Going to upload one more set of photos for now :)

(1) Shows the Aqua C nano skimmer I will use and that too will have a maxijet 1200 on it.

(2) Shows my light fixture I will be using. It is a current USA 70w HQI metal halide with the 16 moonlights/leds.

I gave my cousing my phosban reactor when I took down my last tank which I am supposed to get back once he sells his tank. If he doesn't sell the tank, then I'll just buy a new one. Once I can find some aquarium safe silicone I will start installing all the parts and will post pictures as I go. Still need to build my stand and canopy so a bit left to do :)

Thanks dudes! :) Those that know me know I don't do things simple here :p Should be a really fun build!! Hopefully I can get to do a bit more to it this weekend as I have just so much going on right now along with back issues so we'll see :)

Krish, Do you need some black I can send you a tube. I purchased a whole case when I built my other 300 and have about 4 tubes left....

Thanks Mike! :D My buddy has some here so I just have to run out and grab it. Thanks again though...Really appreciate it :)

I think yo would want a Koralia-2 instead of the one, the one isn't quite enough, even for a small tank like that. JMO I guess you'll determine that when you get it wet! :D

Well you know me Scooty...If the water isn't splashing out of the tank, it means I need more flow :p Yea, I will see what I need when I get it up and running. All depends to on what I plan to keep. Also, keep in mind the display area will be less than 10 gal so it wouldn't require as much flow. :)

LOL!!! I wish! Just got back from getting an injection for my back! :doubt: Between my back and having so much work to do in the day to work and kids to deal with when I get home, I think this will be a slow build. We'll see though. :)

LOL!!! I wish! Just got back from getting an injection for my back! :doubt: Between my back and having so much work to do in the day to work and kids to deal with when I get home, I think this will be a slow build. We'll see though. :)

I might end up having to get 3 injections in my right knee from a work injury. Soon I will be feeling your pain :(. Do they make a difference to you at all? (side talk sorry)

I might end up having to get 3 injections in my right knee from a work injury. Soon I will be feeling your pain :(. Do they make a difference to you at all? (side talk sorry)

No worries. I use to be the king of hijacking thread back in the day :lol: Shot helps a bit. I have 2 herniated discs that require surgery to fix, but trying to avoid it. Already had an epidural, physiotherapy now a new treatment. If it all doesn't work, then I will have the surgery. Good luck with your knee :)

I just had two injections into my gut, right now i want to puke!
Next week we're doing the pure alcohol injections to kill the nerves, very painful, most people choose to get put under.

No worries. I use to be the king of hijacking thread back in the day :lol: Shot helps a bit. I have 2 herniated discs that require surgery to fix, but trying to avoid it. Already had an epidural, physiotherapy now a new treatment. If it all doesn't work, then I will have the surgery. Good luck with your knee :)

Yeah thank you, it's been rough.. driving is a real pain. If my pt/ot and shots don't help I'll end up under the knife with either a relocated tendon or a new titanium knee ! Lol good luck with your tank and back :p

Back