Krish's Bahamian Photo log

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Haha! I heard they give a nice pull. I'll ask around and see if there's anywhere around here you can catch bonefish. I think Andros Island is the bonefish capital, but not 100% sure on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mutton snapper gives an amazing pull as well. We usually go every May/June around the full moon. We use hand lines and you have to tape up all of your fingers and wear gloves. Worst part is getting them to the boat before the sharks get them. Crazy pull!!

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

JVC brought out their version of the GoPro. We are distributors here so I got one. I got the camera, mount for the car, bike, goggles, housing that expands the depth from 30 feet to 130 feet, extra battery, float and a few other small goodies. The camera records in 1080P HD, it has Wifi and can sync to a smart phone. I just took it out of the package and haven't even begun to mess with it yet. The model number on the camera is GC-XA1 and they call it the XX HD Action camera.

Here is a picture of it next to my iPhone for size.

fc3eaa.jpg

I might look into one.. Have you taken any under water videos yet?

I mean can we not post pictures of the camera and maybe something from it.. ..big.grin.. My little brother has a go pro and he sets it up in my tank when he comes over. What is the price comparison to a go pro?

JVC brought out their version of the GoPro. We are distributors here so I got one. I got the camera, mount for the car, bike, goggles, housing that expands the depth from 30 feet to 130 feet, extra battery, float and a few other small goodies. The camera records in 1080P HD, it has Wifi and can sync to a smart phone. I just took it out of the package and haven't even begun to mess with it yet. The model number on the camera is GC-XA1 and they call it the XX HD Action camera.

Here is a picture of it next to my iPhone for size.

fc3eaa.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Still haven't priced it yet. I'll check what the first cost is. I took it in the pool yesterday and jumped off the waterfall with it etc and it has amazing quality. Just need to finish setting it up to sync/upload to YouTube etc as the program for the camera has the option to do it for you. :)

Yeah let's get that setup.. I wanna see jumping off a waterfall.. That must be awesome! That is one thing I can say I have never done.

Yeah let's get that setup.. I wanna see jumping off a waterfall.. That must be awesome! That is one thing I can say I have never done.

Lol! Waterfall is only 6ft high:p. I have 2 herniated discs in my lower back so I won't be jumping from anything higher than that.

On a side note, if the weather is good Saturday, I will be going in the boat and will take the camera and see if I can get some footage over a reef. :)

Some of the goats we fed.

spab61.png

2nk7tsn.png

My new Salt Life cup!! :D

3338kn9.png

This bus is a restaurant. They sell and cook Bahamian food out of it. Delicious!!

dc3set.png

A couple crawfish tails a friend got openiong day (Crafish Season starts Aug 1st)

2epm4nr.png

That's it for right now. I have a few more pics to post later and then I have my underwater camera to upload everything from. Got some footage of fish underwater and some barracuda's :)

I still plan on making it down one day.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.

I still plan on living here :p

A guy from the US was here in the Bahamas (Abaco) and I saw him on CNN news when they interviewed him from the hospital in Florida. Apparently he went spearing and speared a grouper and while swimming back to the boat, a shark bit him! I have the pictured saved of the shark bite after he got some sutures in it, but it was huge! :eek: I won't post it here in case it grosses someone out but I can pm the pic to those interested. :)

I still plan on living here :p

A guy from the US was here in the Bahamas (Abaco) and I saw him on CNN news when they interviewed him from the hospital in Florida. Apparently he went spearing and speared a grouper and while swimming back to the boat, a shark bit him! I have the pictured saved of the shark bite after he got some sutures in it, but it was huge! :eek: I won't post it here in case it grosses someone out but I can pm the pic to those interested. :)

I am deff interested

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Tapatalk Beta 4.

Back