Krish's "Rubik's cube"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ok now i can see the colour difference in the shadow,how far forward is your bulb from centre? have you settled on a bulb yet or still waiting on new? looking great as expected, carry on man catch you tomorrow

The bulb is almost dead center front to back and side to side. About the bulb, seems like it will be the 12K so far. Thanks for the compliments Steve:)

MJ's RULE!

Tank looks great Krish.

Thanks Ron and yeah, I was surprised at what this little fellow could put out. Who knows what I will do. Depending on how things go, I may not need to take it out if I can get something to hide it. I'm working on something so we'll see what becomes of it. Can't get into details, but we'll just see how it goes;)

oh didn't mean to criticize the maxi-jet but that is the way it came out - just meant it really deters from the clean lines of your tank. i'm also anti powerhead now! :)

oh didn't mean to criticize the maxi-jet but that is the way it came out - just meant it really deters from the clean lines of your tank. i'm also anti powerhead now!

I know Matt:) I feel the same way that's why I drilled the tank to not need one as well as pm you the other day to ask about the OM because I feel if I can deliver 1500 gph shared between just 2 nozzles at a time and then switch to the next, then I'd be happy with the flow and wouldn't need a powerhead, but as it is now, the flow is shared between 4 outputs and so they aren't as strong as I would like it. I'll think about it a bit more and decide on something. I figured if I ever got a powerhead for my tank, it would be the new nano stream when they come out. I'm going to get one when they come even if I don't use it:p

having the maxi-jet in there will only make the nano stream look that much cooler when you switch 'em out

You got it man!!! If I don't use it in my tank (the nano stream) I will use it in the tub, but I will be getting one:D

Krish!!! im really hoping this slacker attitude to this thread is not due to you having a life.your tank must be dirty by now so come get some pics in here,i know the streams arnt out yet so you cant be in the tub, see ya soon Steve

Krish!!! im really hoping this slacker attitude to this thread is not due to you having a life.your tank must be dirty by now so come get some pics in here,i know the streams arnt out yet so you cant be in the tub, see ya soon Steve

ROFL! I figured people would be tired of seeing just rock so I didn't add any more pics:p I'll take some tonight and see ifI can get some better pics:)

ROFL! It's doing great! Coraline has gone mad!!! It is so bright my tang hides for cover!! :eek: Also, got some acropora frags as well and they seem to be thriving. Don't ask where I got them because I don't want to get anyone in trouble... Here's a pic:D

Doood! I think you should start a new thread in the advance forum so we can get some ID's 7 discuss the amazingly fast growth of coralline!

If regular beans make you fart, then I don't want to know what magic beans will make you do

dood you see .............. you're always the one with the farts topic ....sheesh don't worry :lol: .
well I'm sure those beans would do you some good :D .

I just tested my waters parameters again and things look pretty good. Here's what I've got...

Cal - 400 ppm
Mag - 1230
Alk - 2.97
PH - 8.3
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - who needs um
Nitrate - Why bother:p
**whispers** Specific gravity - 1.025 (I'm getting a refractometer soon) :)

BTW, I've been tossing around the idea a bit and I may be re-plumbing the back of my tank a bit to free up some of those elbows, cut back on some of the lengths of plumbing by raising the pump up and putting it behind the tank somewhere to see if I can squeeze out a bit more flow from the closed loop. Scooter gave me a few ideas, now I only have to decide if I feel like toying with things. I don't really want to because everything is running smoothly, but if I'm going to do it, I'll have to do it before the baby comes. I'll keep you guys posted:)

Back