Led ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i am in the process of planning my 29 glass aquarium and im going to get the 24 cree plug n play solderless kit from rapidled

36 Ultra Premium LED DIY Kit with Dimmable Drivers - Rapid LED

Total I paid around 350 with the heat sink. I plan to use it on my 70G cube 30x30x18 so i went with the 36 led kit. Although im sure 24 would light it fine.

Maybe 24 would be enough. I have a 48 LED kit from Reef LED and added another 12 whites from aquastyleonline. Im already running the first 48 at 75% and then run the 12 at 100% for 5 hours a day and the corals in my 65G are colorful and growing like weeds. I doubt I'd be happy with only 24 LED's over my tank.

I looked at aquaticstyleonline.com today, the price was good, but it's $35 shipping and I am not sure what I would be getting. I am looking at rapidled.com retrofit kits for the 14gal biocube. It would be $40 or so more than the china ones, but they would be cree lights and I would know what I am getting that way. However, I would like others input. Has anyone done this kit and did you like it/would you recommended it?

I have heard that you want to have at least 120w to be able to grow any coral. The ones that they are selling at Oceans by Design seem to be fairly cost effective to have that sort of output. I have maxspect mazarra and love them. They are not cheap, but way worth it!

Yeah that's the TaoTronics I was looking at. How do you like it. I was talkin with some on about it. And we figured the led was .5 watts each

HTC tapatalk

I own two taotronics. Love both of them I believe one is alo06 and the other is al01 the 06 is 240 wats 2/1 ratio of blues and whites and the 01 is 120 watts with a 50/50 blue to whites.

I do have the aquastyle kit on my 14 gallon bio cube. I was originally going to purchase a kit from rapid led, as they are predrilled and ready to go, but at that time they were always out of stock. They use Cree LEDs and even have solderless kits if you are nervous of DYI and soldering. FYI, if you purchase from aquastyle or any over seas company even using paypal use a prepaid credit card that can be used online. I had my checking account hacked after my purchase thinking that pay pal was safe. I have been pleased with my kit from aquastyle, have a mixed reef with sps as well and the corals are extremely happy.

I bought my wife a orbit programable fixture new for $100. and it has been working great.

I decided on the same. I also got a 12" TRUELUMEN LED STRIP 12K 50/50 and a Y cable to hook it up the white channel of the Orbit. Seems like a great fit for my plans. I'm going to have a softie nano tank with a paired Candy Stripe Pistol Shrimp and Yasha Goby.

Back