Let's See Some Macros

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

WOW, talk about some beautiful pictures!!!
What a coffee table book those would make. Some inspiration!!!
KEEP EM COMING THEY ARE GREAT!

Pic of my Lawnmower with 180mm macro lens
55728949.lawnweb.jpg

Wowza! Great shot! Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

Hello!
Not really new here but haven't been about much.. this thread caught my eye and I thought I'd add to the mix.. Here a few from our 125g thanks to my son..
Camera is a HP210 ...
spenhollowbrain_400.jpg

acro-under-blue-june-05a.jpg

fieldobuttons2.jpg

IM009194.jpg

bubblefeb052ab.jpg

brownshroom2.jpg

sarah

Sarah - I love the 4th picture....you can see a vermetid snail off to the bottom right (see the tube, then tentacles sticking up and the mucus string?), and just above and to the left of the snail there is an acro crab!

Thanks...
Yea that snail is a messy little bugger and it took forever to get a shot of the crab!! His a bit camera shy! .. Every no and then the crab trys to grab the snail and you should see him when on of the urchins finds his way into the acro! Bothy my acro's have crabs and they are just too darn cute!! lol

Tonym10 WELCOME to ReefFrontiers!!! Now that is a great macro, that fish is a great subject too since they tend to sit still for a few seconds, and have a lot of interisting quailties.

Charlie it looks like you have a new toy :D Great looking pix, it looks like money well spent. Now you need to learn photoshop, what a pain.

big t said:
Tonym10 WELCOME to ReefFrontiers!!! Now that is a great macro, that fish is a great subject too since they tend to sit still for a few seconds, and have a lot of interisting quailties.

Charlie it looks like you have a new toy :D Great looking pix, it looks like money well spent. Now you need to learn photoshop, what a pain.

I have been dinking around with it Tom, it's like the camera, I know enuf to be a little dangerous.:D

Here are a couple of macro shots of my inverts showing some details that you don't normally see when you look at them from a distance:

Blue Legged Hermit crab looking back at me. Check out the hairy legs:
Hermit2a.jpg

Turbo snail showing the rasping tongue in the mouth:
DSC_0036_cr.jpg

Giant mantis shrimp???...not. This is your typical amphipod that crawls all over the bottom substrate and the macro you have growing in the tank. Note that the forearms are bent over like those of a mantis shrimp. I don't know if they have the same snapping function though.
Copepod13_crcopy_cr.jpg

And one of my favorites...a fan worm or feather duster. These are the small ones that grow in the sump, on live rock and even in the macro algae. Check out the delicate feathers and colors on it:
FeatherDuster0263b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Back